JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pierce County does it from time to time. You bid by the pound or barrel ( literal 35 gallon cardboard drum), not sure which. You have to be an FFL to get in on it and each barrel has at least 15-20 guns in it. LEED in Tacoma has tons of old property room guns in their store for sale. Not all are seized, many are turned in, found or otherwise unclaimed. These are not guns used in crimes of violence.

LEED is who I've been trading seized guns for equipment for many years.

The last gun trade I had with them, I was able to get Aimpoint ML3's w/mounts, VCAS slings, and lights & mounts for all the patrol rifles.

LEED is who I've been trading seized guns for equipment for many years.

The last gun trade I had with them, I was able to get Aimpoint ML3's w/mounts, VCAS slings, and lights & mounts for all the patrol rifles.

what sort of weapons did you trade out? i imagine at least some are not exactly re-sellable... saw'd off anything, gangster-modified guns, etc..

I wonder, do the citizens get the money they get from the sell? Or does the Police Department get it? If they do get it, they will spend the money however they see fit.

I do think there should be a limit of time before someones property could be forfeited and then be up for grabs. But why should only the Police Department have the ability to decide to keep, sell, auction or destroy them firearms?

I wonder, do the citizens get the money they get from the sell? Or does the Police Department get it? If they do get it, they will spend the money however they see fit.

I do think there should be a limit of time before someones property could be forfeited and then be up for grabs. But why should only the Police Department have the ability to decide to keep, sell, auction or destroy them firearms?

Our department keeps very good records on every firearm that is sold. They keep it for that reason. The money goes to wherever they want. We hope that it goes for equipment. It is decided by our City Attorney and City fathers. I can only speak for our department, but they use every resource to place stolen firearms back with their owners. Not all guns sold are stolen. They could be legal firearms, and the owner does something stupid. Guns gone. :(

not surprised gun haating King County destroy all arms they can. Seems to be their MO. Sad..... in these days of talk about "reduce, reuse, recycle", and the concern about "carbon footprints", I should think any manufactured item that is serviceable should be placed in a new home where it will be USED.. rather than reduced to its elements and manufactured into something else. But, politics being what it is, it is not surprising some jurisdictions decide to lay aside all such intelligence and scrap high quality and expensive goods. I believe Washington and Oregon state laws leave to local discretion the fate of seized, surrendered, and found weapons... if usable, they may keep and use them, if ordered by a court to destroy them, do so, if left to their option, either sell or destroy them, the proceeds being turned over to State Police, in some cases used locally, and if put into service by the local department, a suitable price being tendered to OSP. Not so clear on Washington's, but I believe it is similar. Many states have such rules..... personally, I think that if a given weapon is serviceable (and retains its serial number) it MUST be resold.. either at public auction, through a dealer managing on GunBroker or similar, or in bulk outright to FFL's. But, the Brady Brats would have quite a whinge at such policies... oh, we've GOT to keep those evil and capable beasts out of the hands of law abiding citizens........ or mayhem will be the certain end of it all.....

go beat yer heads against a stone wall.......

Clark Co sherriff invites gun shops, or pawn shops bid on the lot, and then they want to be paid in AR-15s instead of cash. The guns are usually rough. No mags, all scratched up from being tossed. Generally ganbangers don't carry $1000 Kimbers. But sometimes there is a gem in a lot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top