JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Belive me the Cops knew about this guy for along time and for all we know he was tied in with Gun Walker/Runner.
Cops never make a Single Bust when They can make a BIG BUST and grab headlines for several days. This poor sap might be a brute and deserve all he gets, but the BIG SCORE was to clamp down on honest gun owners. I guess the REAL PLAYERS made it to Canada just in time to miss the bust,,,oh how lucky they were! sarcasim off.
BTW YOU ARE ALL ON A WATCH LIST and the FBI does not even need to open a file to tap your phone or read your mail anymore, and hey don't need an arrest warrant either, and they don't need to produce evidence within 48 hours to maintain your incarceration, without trial for years

Sasquatch,

You are correct, but then is then and now is now. Now we live in an Oligarchy where a group of foreign elite families will decide your fate (or gun liberties) ultimately. You have owners, literally. That is just the way it is unfortunately. Any hope for real freedom is already long gone. All that remains is the illusion of freedom. Accept that, live the best you can day by day, believe it or not it is possible to be fairly happy and not deluded about such matters. Hopefully you don't have kids. They are the ones that will live under absolute tyranny. This is the new Amerika: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LrPdZmPB36U

I have been told countless times on this board that a right cannot be taken away - how can we take it away legally and still call it a right - I am confused.

James Ruby

Simple, it is called "Due Process" We have the "Right to Life" revoked by the Death Penalty,
We have the "Right to Liberty" Revoked by any prison sentence.
Are you seriously arguing that a violent felon should have firearms ?

I want to know also.

Those weapons have fired their last shot. They will be destroyed as soon as they are not required for evidence any longer.

When I saw the story on the news they kept refering to a 'machine pistol' and showing a pic of a uzi or mac 10 looking gun. To me 'machine pistol' means 'automatic'. Can anyone tell from the pics on the news blogs if it is an auto or is it just MSM hype? I have no experience with such guns.

It sucks that they destroy them. Better that they are sold to law abiding citizens. The city/state governments are going broke. They could use revenue anywhere they can get it.

OK - here is an example of a slightly different view - In Texas it is illegal for a convicted felon to possess firearms/ammunition. However, the Texas courts have upheld that felon or not you have the right to defend yourself and property. The result of the TX courts decision is that a felon, in possession of a firearm while on his property / at his residence, will not be prosecuted for simple possession of a firearm so long as the weapon(s) in question has not been reported stolen. I had heard this years ago but didn't know if it was true until a friend of a friend living there got involved in drugs and illegal weapons. After he had sold meth to undercover officers a few times he sold them some grenades. When the feds arrested him and turned the case over for local prosecution the courts declined to charge him for any weapons/explosives charges as the purchase occurred on his property. After being pressured for a while and getting nowhere with the local prosecutor they took him across state lines to Oklahoma and had him prosecuted in that state. While I have no belief that he shouldn't have been charged for any crimes he committed, I do have a problem with the feds essentially kidnapping him and having him prosecuted in a state where the crimes were not committed.
Another point comes from a law student I knew several years ago. The short version of his story is that he was pulled over for possible DUI - was arrested but made the mistake before the arrest of allowing the search of his vehicle. one of his friends had left a "roach" in his ashtray when borrowing his car and he was charged with possession of a controlled substance. he served 6 mos in county jail for possession. While in jail he did research and found an old law on the books left over from when NV had been a territory /first became a state. When he got out of jail he filed a law suit against the state/county citing the law which stated something like "upon release from jail, the convict shall receive a revolver, a horse, and 2 $20 gold pieces to allow for them to leave the territory/state". He said that the case had been sealed but he did receive a horse and a revolver, however the judge decided that a check for $40 was sufficient as it would be a burden to the state for them to procure the gold pieces...
While I probably got a bit off topic the last situation was meant to point out that in the mid/late 1800s states still automatically restored rights of convicts once their sentence had been served.

OK - back to the regularly scheduled debate...

Im pretty blown away that some of you are actually defending the rights of a convicted felon to own firearms. What part of "convicted felon" dont you understand? Thats like allowing a convicted child molester to own the ice cream stand next door to the grammar school. Commit a crime with a gun and thats it fella. you lose your rights to own one, let alone 17. And Im sure they were all legally obtained as well, right? Im sorry, I just dont understand some of your thought processes.

Please show me or point out where that is specifically stated in the constitution - I am not disagreeing with you - I see no where in the constitutuion that says or points to the fact a right can be taken away. I read it completely I thought yesterday but I see not what you are talking about.

James Ruby

I also feel that this criminal after this much trouble should be removed from society. That is my personal feeling. I am asking questions about when and if we still have real rights in regards to the 2nd amendment, or do we simply have priveldges granted to us for being good citizens.

Last Edited:
OK - While in jail he did research and found an old law on the books left over from when NV had been a territory /first became a state. When he got out of jail he filed a law suit against the state/county citing the law which stated something like "upon release from jail, the convict shall receive a revolver, a horse, and 2 $20 gold pieces to allow for them to leave the territory/state". He said that the case had been sealed but he did receive a horse and a revolver, however the judge decided that a check for $40 was sufficient as it would be a burden to the state for them to procure the gold pieces.....

That kinda makes sence to restore the rights of a person who has payed their debt to society. I've never known anyone who has gone to prison but I think I'd vote yay on the matter if it ever came up.

It sucks that they destroy them. Better that they are sold to law abiding citizens. The city/state governments are going broke. They could use revenue anywhere they can get it.

That is the biggest fallacy in "getting guns off the streets" most guns confiscated are sold at auction to gun dealers.

That is the biggest fallacy in "getting guns off the streets" most guns confiscated are sold at auction to gun dealers.

Not so sure about that now. Our department cannot sell any firearm that the Court orders destroyed. There are firearms that the department will not sell based on the condition or make of the gun. Lebanon Department destroys all of their firearms regardless.

Please show me or point out where that is specifically stated in the constitution - I am not disagreeing with you - I see no where in the constitutuion that says or points to the fact a right can be taken away. I read it completely I thought yesterday but I see not what you are talking about.

Fifth Amendment:
nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews