JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My name is Detective Christy Molina with the Corvallis Police. I am currently investigating a serious person crime and have received information the suspect in the case left some evidence behind at a popular shooting location in Washington County. The suspect used this forum to find the shooting site. The location is along Highway 26 approximately between mileposts 44 and 46. The GPS coordinates are 45.701542, -123.222356. This area was recently searched by police and evidence was retrieved but we believe some other evidence items may have been picked up before we got there by a random shooter. We are looking for a jacket, a hoodie, and a significant amount of ammunition that may have been stashed in this area. If you have any information about any of this property found between January of 2016 through July 2016 please call me. 541-766-6782 or email - [email protected]

Detective Molina, is this the location and turn out?
Google Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/place/45%C2%B042'05.5%22N+123%C2%B013'20.5%22W/@45.7015452,-123.2242543,798m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d45.701542!4d-123.222356)

13.png
That does not appear to be on public forest land. I have not seen anyone here recommend that location on the forum for shooting and our volunteer groups who clean up shooting sites have not been to that location before.

I dont ever remember anyone posting that they found ammunition at any shooting.

Yes this is the exact location. Tax records show the owner to be Longview Fiber Company. The thread discussing this location was written in January of this year and one person happened to mention this logging area as a good place to shoot. Thank you for that information and for keeping your eyes and ears open.

Detective Molina, Can you give a description of this person of interest?

One person of interest/suspect in this case is named Michael Deyette (Aka "Brude"). He was arrested and just recently pled guilty to Murder. His girlfriend, Brooklyn Shepard (Aka "Raistlyn") was also arrested but her case has yet to be adjudicated. A quick Google search will get you both of their pictures. I truly really appreciate all of your responses and willingness to help.

Best wishes for a successful investigation, Detective Molina! The members of this site tend to be law abiding, responsible people. I'm sure that if anyone here knows something they will come forward to help! SRG

Detective Molina, I would recommend checking into any Logging companies that may be, or were, working in the area, it may be that some one could have found the items you are seeking with out knowing, and if any ammo was found, it likely wouldn't be reported.

Probably all ready did this, but have you checked with local, State, and fed agencies? I know many check in on these areas randomly looking for people trespassing or shooting, or dumping on private land!

This is excellent I really like the idea we might be able to help law enforcement because of our time spent in the woods. I hope this comes to a good conclusion and only wish I had something past encouragement to offer.

Yes this is the exact location. Tax records show the owner to be Longview Fiber Company. The thread discussing this location was written in January of this year and one person happened to mention this logging area as a good place to shoot. Thank you for that information and for keeping your eyes and ears open.
What thread? Can you post link?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads