JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Police respond in force to SE Portland gun store -- confusing customer and staff | OregonLive.com

Police responded in force to reports of a man with a gun in Southeast Portland late Monday -- only to find a confused customer and staff at a gun store.

A passerby outside the Gun Room Inc., 5537 S.E. Foster Rd., called 9-1-1 about 6 p.m. to report that a man standing outside was holding a gun and looked "nervous and sweaty," said Sgt. Pete Simpson, a Portland Police Bureau spokesman.

Area residents reported seeing officers surround the shop and set up a perimeter with assault rifles drawn. But police quickly realized the "suspicious" man was there to sell a gun. They left without issuing any citations, Simpson said.

I would debate the man's sanity. He was going to the Gun Room.:s0114: I'm guessing he was confused because he was looking to pick up a Glock. :s0112::s0112:

All joking aside, I'm guessing this is probably pretty common reaction in Portland. If you have a gun in Portland you probably look "nervous and sweating" or "dangerous" or some other condition that results in a call to the police.:(

Oh Portland, how I miss you...

If I decided to call the police every time I saw someone with a gun here, especially if they were sweating (in this *%&$ing heat!) I'd have to have 9-1-1 on speed dial.

Police respond in force to SE Portland gun store -- confusing customer and staff
Published: Monday, September 13, 2010, 9:20 PM Updated: Tuesday, September 14, 2010, 12:52 PM
Michael Russell, The Oregonian

Police responded in force to reports of a man with a gun in Southeast Portland late Monday -- only to find a confused customer and staff at a gun store.

A passerby outside the Gun Room Inc., 5537 S.E. Foster Rd., called 9-1-1 about 6 p.m. to report that a man standing outside was holding a gun and looked "nervous and sweaty," said Sgt. Pete Simpson, a Portland Police Bureau spokesman.

Area residents reported seeing officers surround the shop and set up a perimeter with assault rifles drawn. But police quickly realized the "suspicious" man was there to sell a gun. They left without issuing any citations, Simpson said.

"The police response was appropriate," Simpson said. "If you thought someone was robbing a gun shop, you're going to show up with guns."

A man who answered the phone at the Gun Room called the incident "just a case of mistaken identity," but declined to comment further.

-- Michael Russell

Mark your calender, that's the first time Warren ever shut his fat ****ing mouth!

This is why I like this board. its like other boards, but well, local. I've never actually been in the Gun Room, but I've heard stories. Are they really against polymer guns as much as I've heard?

The Gun room, before I read up on them on the Net, I went in to ask about using .327 brass to reload an 1895 Nagant... the gentleman instantly went off on a rant against the .327 and tried to sell me a .357 revolver to put in the Nagant.

When I asked the gentleman how exactly I would fit the gun, inside a gun, he shut his mouth and walked away.

The 2 shops I hit locally regularly actually open their ears, and I'm much happier for it.

The Gun room, before I read up on them on the Net, I went in to ask about using .327 brass to reload an 1895 Nagant... the gentleman instantly went off on a rant against the .327 and tried to sell me a .357 revolver to put in the Nagant.

When I asked the gentleman how exactly I would fit the gun, inside a gun, he shut his mouth and walked away.

The 2 shops I hit locally regularly actually open their ears, and I'm much happier for it.

A gun inside a gun? Brilliant.:huh: You should have countered by asking for a glock inside an sks.:D

At that point... I still had not bought my M&P, I was also hunting .45 brass for my Schofield replica... I had no polymer, or had even looked seriously at one. Just metal antiques.

It's one thing to like something, and try to direct people to products you trust personally. It's entirely another when you don't even wait to see if someone is in the store to buy presses and dies before you launch into a pistol tirade.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top