Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Police Respond to Call Outside The Gun Room

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by drew, Sep 13, 2010.

1. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Police respond in force to SE Portland gun store -- confusing customer and staff | OregonLive.com

I would debate the man's sanity. He was going to the Gun Room.:laugh: I'm guessing he was confused because he was looking to pick up a Glock. :bluelaugh::bluelaugh:

All joking aside, I'm guessing this is probably pretty common reaction in Portland. If you have a gun in Portland you probably look "nervous and sweating" or "dangerous" or some other condition that results in a call to the police.:(

2. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

This is why they make gun cases. ;-)

3. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

Oh Portland, how I miss you...

If I decided to call the police every time I saw someone with a gun here, especially if they were sweating (in this *%&$ing heat!) I'd have to have 9-1-1 on speed dial.

4. Gaust

Gaust Portland Member

Someone should have called the police to stop him from going to the Gun Room to begin with..

5. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

This is like a vegetarian calling 911 if they see a hamburger in a Burgerking parkinglot... damn antigun hipsters.

6. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

From what I hear about The Gun Room, it is a good thing that the police were called. They stopped a robbery in progress :)

7. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Don' they offer the "discreet" plastic shopping bag. Or paper?

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Mark your calender, that's the first time Warren ever shut his fat ****ing mouth!

9. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

that's too funny. I wonder if Warren told the cops what plastic carp their glock 17's were?

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I was there once, the counter person followed me around in every isle I went to. I left and will never be back.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    SWWAC member

11. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Sounds like the 'assault rifles' had previously been holstered. Where can I buy an assault rifle holster?

12. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

herpa derp derp
    raidshopfindweapons.jpg

13. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

:bluelaugh:
    Maybe paper... they banned plastic :)

14. R-Rizzo

R-Rizzo NW Oregon Member

This is why I like this board. its like other boards, but well, local. I've never actually been in the Gun Room, but I've heard stories. Are they really against polymer guns as much as I've heard?

15. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

check out the reviews on The Gun Room, It is really entertaining!!

16. Gaust

Gaust Portland Member

If you're ever bored and want a little entertainment just stop in. Ask about a polymer handgun.

17. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

be sure to ask for Warren...tell him you want an sks and a glock:thumbup:

18. Dnaltrop

Dnaltrop Portland, Oregon Member

The Gun room, before I read up on them on the Net, I went in to ask about using .327 brass to reload an 1895 Nagant... the gentleman instantly went off on a rant against the .327 and tried to sell me a .357 revolver to put in the Nagant.

When I asked the gentleman how exactly I would fit the gun, inside a gun, he shut his mouth and walked away.

The 2 shops I hit locally regularly actually open their ears, and I'm much happier for it.

19. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

A gun inside a gun? Brilliant.:huh: You should have countered by asking for a glock inside an sks.:D

20. Dnaltrop

Dnaltrop Portland, Oregon Member

At that point... I still had not bought my M&P, I was also hunting .45 brass for my Schofield replica... I had no polymer, or had even looked seriously at one. Just metal antiques.

It's one thing to like something, and try to direct people to products you trust personally. It's entirely another when you don't even wait to see if someone is in the store to buy presses and dies before you launch into a pistol tirade.