JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
A seattle officer punched a 16 year old girl in the face during a jaywalking stop. Here is the link. They got a good picture of it!

http://www.katu.com/

On another note, I caught a few minutes of Glen Beck last night. I know that is akin to dancing with the devil to some of you. lol. In any case, he said that there is legislation in the works that would forbid videotaping and taking pictures of police and police actions. Has anyone seen anything about this?

Is there a full video anywhere? A picture of one punch doesn't mean the guy is guilty of excessive force, we need perspective. I'm withholding judgment until I see the whole video.

Full video here. I would have knocked the bubblegum out of both of them. You dont put your hands on an officer like that, they were not complying obviously.....Im sure he felt surrounded with all of those people there and had to protect himself.

<broken link removed>

Regardless of the age of the people around him it was one lone officer trying to deal with an increasingly unruly crowd. Deploying the spray would have possibly been an option. Girl was lucky he didn't put her on the ground to subdue her. He looked like he was at least trying to be gentle...

What about the guy with the camera?

"Are you serious. Are you serious?" Why don't you put the camera down and help the officer out. Then maybe he wouldn't have NEEDED to hit that out of control girl.

Is there a full video anywhere? A picture of one punch doesn't mean the guy is guilty of excessive force, we need perspective. I'm withholding judgment until I see the whole video.

I wasn't judging. Just saw it this morning and thought it was of interest. I had not seen the full video of it until now either.

I don't really know what to think about it. The girls were jaywalking. Not sure that officers don't have better uses of their time, but whatever. I still am not sure he should have punched the girl in the face. I understand that he was probably within his rights to do so. Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should. Just my 2 cents.

Just a observation here, but I think that officer could use some time in the weight room and getting some more training. He had one **** of a time getting that girl handcuffed. lol

Regardless of the age of the people around him it was one lone officer trying to deal with an increasingly unruly crowd. Deploying the spray would have possibly been an option. Girl was lucky he didn't put her on the ground to subdue her. He looked like he was at least trying to be gentle...

+1 I think he showed remarkable restraint.

Normally when I see a picture of an officer punching a 17 year old in the face I would be persuaded to side with the girl but after seeing that video I probably would have busted out the mace. I think he was very patient with her and definitely exercised more control than I would have in that situation with even more people heckling him.

Its about time teenagers understand that their age is not an excuse to harm or undermind authority. I just turned 30 and if I resisted like that to authority when I was young my father who is now retired LEO would of put it on me. Good for that officer but I would of liked to see both of them tazed but considering all the scatching going on he used nessesary force. NAACP will for sure follow and play the race card.

"I saw dat..."

Al Sharpton.. here he comes...

Looks like the gal in the black (is that ok to say without sounding racist?) shirt should have cooperated.

Girl in pink shirt should have not gotten 'all up in his face' and she wouldn't have been pimp slapped.

Yep, a police officer acting professional again.

Wow, socking a girl in the face over jaywalking.....

Don't get me wrong, i want to like the police.

It's just i salute the man, not the uniform.

Nobody "got socked for jaywalking."
There was a struggle involving resisting arrest and assaulting an officer, following a lawful order by a peace officer.
Somebody got punched during that altercation, and IMHO they deserved it!

Its about time teenagers understand that their age is not an excuse to harm or undermind authority. I just turned 30 and if I resisted like that to authority when I was young my father who is now retired LEO would of put it on me. Good for that officer but I would of liked to see both of them tazed but considering all the scatching going on he used nessesary force. NAACP will for sure follow and play the race card.

Why would you like to have seen them tazed, when the lesser amount of force the officer actually used was sufficient to put them under control? Is it because it would be more painful? Is it because you think it would be funny to watch a couple of idiot teenagers writhe in pain on the ground? Is it because you incorrectly think it's illegal to "harm or undermind [sic]" authority?

It sounds like you believe that it's appropriate for police officers to mete out punishment to citizens without due process of law. Your blatant and un-American disregard for the Constitution and basic human rights is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that such police practices are appropriate.

Yes, very much so. Though this contradicts your next statement.

Correction: girl in black shirt was the one being arrested.

Re: the punch
Officer numerous times telling her to stop. (girl in pink shirt), she continued to press that her friend wasn't going to be arrested. She then decided of her own FREE WILL to try to interrupt the arrest. Officer felt threatened and first line of defense was a punch to the face. What would have been worse, a punch or drawing and putting them at gun point? Maybe a tazer?

Appeared rather civil to me. She sure n' **** left him alone and listened to him near the end of the video when he informed her to 'stay there' by the bus stop.

Don't get me wrong, i want to like the police.

It's just i salute the man, not the uniform.

Is that what you saw? really you can say that is what you saw with a straight face?

So by your standard if a criminal steals a piece of 5 cent candy and then the criminals friend pulls a gun on the officer trying to arrest the criminal and gets shot by the officer you would say the officer shot the criminal over a piece of 5 cent candy right? :huh:

Why would you like to have seen them tazed, when the lesser amount of force the officer actually used was sufficient to put them under control? Is it because it would be more painful? Is it because you think it would be funny to watch a couple of idiot teenagers writhe in pain on the ground? Is it because you incorrectly think it's illegal to "harm or undermind [sic]" authority?

It sounds like you believe that it's appropriate for police officers to mete out punishment to citizens without due process of law. Your blatant and un-American disregard for the Constitution and basic human rights is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that such police practices are appropriate.

If given the choice between being tazed and being punched in the face I'd opt for the tazer.

5 seconds and no injury vs. bruising/broken bones is a no brainer.

This idiot had it coming just like the idiot teenager in Portland who ended up being beanbagged.

The sooner people learn that their actions have consequences the better off society will be.

I think he was 100&#37; justified. I've been tasered, I sure as **** would have liked a punch in the face instead.

He had one lady resisting arrest while the other was physically trying to stop him. I don't see what the problem is.

It looked to me that he was trying to be rather gentle with the women, I'm sure he could have used much more force than he did.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads