JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
as they allegedly played a game in which a revolver's cylinder was emptied, one bullet put back and the two colleagues took turns pointing at each other and pulling the trigger.
This is beyond stupidity.
The COMPLETE lack of respect for the gun, and for each other, comes from some incredibly deep, dark denizen of the brain that somehow has the ability to rule out any sense of self and humanity along with a complete loss of respect for ones' - and others' lives.
And the (most likely) addition of drugs and alcohol probably helped to find this place......

Hmmm..... married 24 year old female police officer who was off duty, at the apartment of one of the two male cops who were ON DUTY @ 1am, decides to play "Russian roulette" and loses.... yeah, that story adds up. :rolleyes:
I think we are the only ones in this thread so far that are on this same particular page........

Hmmm..... married 24 year old female police officer who was off duty, at the apartment of one of the two male cops who were ON DUTY @ 1am, decides to play "Russian roulette" and loses.... yeah, that story adds up.
Yep - this 'particular page' is most likely the greater possibility....

"Chief John Hayden said in a five-minute news conference early Thursday that the department believed it was "accidental," but has not elaborated. In a news release issued later Thursday, the department wrote that the officer "mishandled" the weapon." o_O

Russian Roulette is low hanging fruit for low IQ individuals. There is no "honor" in it. However, why not throw some chlorine into the gene pool and play with a semi-auto. :eek: Just saying.

I don't think we need video. The testimony offered by the two male officers is extremely damaging to their own case. Even if it is not the whole truth, the claim of playing Russian roulette rings true. If this is a lie, they could have chosen a much better lie than one that will get them charged with dereliction of duty and criminally-negligent homicide. They could have claimed to have gone home because their woman friend was threatening to kill herself, instead of saying they went home just to have fun. The shooter would have been much better off saying "I didn't know the gun was loaded", or "The woman threatened me with a knife. I was afraid for my life, so I had to shoot", than saying "I went back home with my partner when we were both ON DUTY to play RUSSIAN ROULETTE for fun." If you and a friend were going to lie about shooting someone, why would you agree to tell that particular lie instead saying something that might get you both absolved of responsibility?

A story that seems probable to me is that the two male cops stopped patrolling their assigned district to go to the house to have a "party" with the female officer. They had sex, and became intoxicated on drugs or alcohol. Under the influence, they played Russian roulette. After the shot was fired, they left the revolver behind with only one spent round, and all other chambers empty. The press has not said what condition the revolver was found in, but if there were multiple rounds in the revolver, that would easily debunk the Russian roulette story. The fact that the police believe the Russian roulette story leads me to believe the revolver was found with only one spent round. Most importantly, people lie to escape responsibility. Since there were only two eyewitnesses, it would have been easy for the two surviving officers to make a lie that would it seem like an accidental shooting instead of a criminally negligent homicide. Their testimony is credible precisely because it will likely cost them their jobs and land at least one in prison.

Last Edited:
I don't think we need video. The testimony offered by the two male officers is extremely damaging to their own case. Even if it is not the whole truth, the claim of playing Russian roulette rings true. If this is a lie, they could have chosen a much better lie than one that will get them charged with dereliction of duty and criminally-negligent homicide. They could have claimed to have gone home because their woman friend was threatening to kill herself, instead of saying they went home just to have fun. The shooter would have been much better off saying "I didn't know the gun was loaded", or "The woman threatened me with a knife. I was afraid for my life, so I had to shoot", than saying "I went back home with my partner when we were both ON DUTY to play RUSSIAN ROULETTE for fun." If you and a friend were going to lie about shooting someone, why would you agree to tell that particular lie instead saying something that might get you both absolved of responsibility?

A story that seems probable to me is that the two male cops stopped patrolling their assigned district to go to the house to have a "party" with the female officer. They had sex, and became intoxicated on drugs or alcohol. Under the influence, they played Russian roulette. After the shot was fired, they left the revolver behind with only one spent round, and all other chambers empty. The press has not said what condition the revolver was found in, but if there were multiple rounds in the revolver, that would easily debunk the Russian roulette story. The fact that the police believe the Russian roulette story leads me to believe the revolver was found with only one spent round. Most importantly, people lie to escape responsibility. Since there were only two eyewitnesses, it would have been easy for the two surviving officers to make a lie that would it seem like an accidental shooting instead of a criminally negligent homicide. Their testimony is credible precisely because it will likely cost them their jobs and land at least one in prison.

Or it was straight up murder. May a love triangle or squareo_O

Sounds fishy to me.. since when did you point the Russian roulette gun at someone else? From what I remember It's always put to your head? And was there a vest on or not?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top