Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

police in schools??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pokerace, Dec 30, 2012.

1. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

I have heard that Newberg,Daton and Mcminnville have armed police in schools.Does any know if this is true.. My daughter tells me there was
    one in Newberg when she was in school.

2. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

There were police in my highschool parking lot too one everyday retired police chief. Question is will there be when school resumes next year? Anyone?

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good grief what rock you all been hiding under. Silverton High School has had an armed officer there for at least the last 20 years. Since my daughter who is currently 32 years old was a freshman. Most high schools in Oregon have had officers in schools for a very long time.

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Bend has School Resource Officers in at least all of the high schools.

5. pokerace

the silver colored one.

It seems to me the legislature last year was trying to make the schools gun free, no cc carry.

6. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

Will any armed deterent be posted at the elementary school level schools and junior high schools? Maybe 3 National Guard at each school until other means can be implimented. I think something needs to be done. Schools need to conform to a standard of security for the safety of the children. One more school shooting and our gun right are gone also. I fear a copy cat or another staged shooting to seal the deal is a possability.

7. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Things are different back east:

IMG1.jpg

IMG2.jpg

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  8. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

idRATHERbeOUTDOORS Yamhill County Active Member

I just graduated from newberg. None of our guards where armed. But we do have a police officer that is assigned to the school. But he is in and out, seemingly not on any schedule. He does come to the after school events such as football games etc. "Undercover", but everyone knows who he is.
    He has his duty weapon obviously, and an AR in his car.

9. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I think these two pictures speak volumes about our priorities in this Country. We need to make the banks pay for there own security and move taxpayer funded LE to taxpayer funded Schools.

Lefty.

10. pokerace

police is schools works!!

Security guard credited for stopping a kidnapping in Wenatchee

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 9:57 AM PST Updated: Dec 31, 2012 10:01 AM PST

By The Associated Press

WENATCHEE, WA (AP) -
    An alert security guard at Wenatchee Valley College helped stop an attempted kidnapping of an 11-year-old girl over the weekend.

The Wenatchee World reports 43-year-old John A. Graff of Leavenworth was arrested Saturday on suspicion of first-degree attempted kidnapped.

The security guard, Kevin Edwards, detained him until Wenatchee police arrived.

The girl had walking through campus on her way home from a store when a man approached her and started asking her questions. Edwards had noticed both the girl and the man walking through campus in opposite directions and ran toward them when the girl started screaming and trying to get away.

After police arrived, responding to Edwards call for help, the girl's father came to the scene. Police later interviewed the