JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good grief what rock you all been hiding under. Silverton High School has had an armed officer there for at least the last 20 years. Since my daughter who is currently 32 years old was a freshman. Most high schools in Oregon have had officers in schools for a very long time.

Good grief what rock you all been hiding under. Silverton High School has had an armed officer there for at least the last 20 years. Since my daughter who is currently 32 years old was a freshman. Most high schools in Oregon have had officers in schools for a very long time.

the silver colored one.

It seems to me the legislature last year was trying to make the schools gun free, no cc carry.

Will any armed deterent be posted at the elementary school level schools and junior high schools? Maybe 3 National Guard at each school until other means can be implimented. I think something needs to be done. Schools need to conform to a standard of security for the safety of the children. One more school shooting and our gun right are gone also. I fear a copy cat or another staged shooting to seal the deal is a possability.

Things are different back east:

IMG1.jpg

IMG2.jpg

I just graduated from newberg. None of our guards where armed. But we do have a police officer that is assigned to the school. But he is in and out, seemingly not on any schedule. He does come to the after school events such as football games etc. "Undercover", but everyone knows who he is.
He has his duty weapon obviously, and an AR in his car.

police is schools works!!

Security guard credited for stopping a kidnapping in Wenatchee

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 9:57 AM PST Updated: Dec 31, 2012 10:01 AM PST

By The Associated Press

WENATCHEE, WA (AP) -
An alert security guard at Wenatchee Valley College helped stop an attempted kidnapping of an 11-year-old girl over the weekend.

The Wenatchee World reports 43-year-old John A. Graff of Leavenworth was arrested Saturday on suspicion of first-degree attempted kidnapped.

The security guard, Kevin Edwards, detained him until Wenatchee police arrived.

The girl had walking through campus on her way home from a store when a man approached her and started asking her questions. Edwards had noticed both the girl and the man walking through campus in opposite directions and ran toward them when the girl started screaming and trying to get away.

After police arrived, responding to Edwards call for help, the girl's father came to the scene. Police later interviewed the

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top