JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Drop the weapon!

"What, on the floor? Are you serious? So hey, you may not know this, since I assume you get yours for free, but guns are actually pretty expensive"

What if the homeowner had shot the cop trying to shoot him?:confused:

The article doesn't tell the exact sequence of events upon arrival of the LEOs, and an investigation is ongoing, so it is hard to know what happened except the broad strokes, but my bet is the homeowner didn't even know he was going to be shot or why.

My point and opinion is that everybody, especially LEOs, are being trained to treat firearms in the possession of civilians as extreme threats, and basically to panic when they see them.

Some areas are not as paranoid as others making it worse not knowing. Where I live most police barely bat and eye at a shouldered AR carried while walking down a street. Its rare that people do it, but cops mostly are watching hands more then the gun.
Just watch a few shows of LIVEPD if some of you are not familiar with how things vary, from jurisdiction to jurisdiction one thing might be fine the next place its a felony.

The article doesn't tell the exact sequence of events upon arrival of the LEOs, and an investigation is ongoing, so it is hard to know what happened except the broad strokes, but my bet is the homeowner didn't even know he was going to be shot or why.

My point and opinion is that everybody, especially LEOs, are being trained to treat firearms in the possession of civilians as extreme threats, and basically to panic when they see them.
What I meant was if they accidentally shoot at an innocent what happens if that innocent shoots them defending himself?

What I meant was if they accidentally shoot at an innocent what happens if that innocent shoots them defending himself?

They get arrested, go to court, and what happens then depends on the court and how good of a lawyer they have.

Theoretically, if the arrest was unjust/etc., and they were defending themselves or some other innocent, then they might be found innocent:

https://www.quora.com/If-a-policema...ou-can-you-shoot-and-kill-him-in-self-defence

Theoretically.

Practically, I would not want to be in that position as there would be a more than 50/50 chance that I would wind up going to prison for a long time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top