JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never said I don't lock up my weapons, you said I didn't.

You are arguing the reason people should lock up their guns is MORALS... and my reason is ECONOMICAL. I don't want mine stolen because they cost me a lot of $$$.

As I've already illustrated, the argument that you have to lock up your guns for MORAL reasons is flawed and leads to MORALLY NOT OWNING GUNS and for that, I will always argue against.

Should mine be stolen, I'm out $$$$. In your world, you may get prosecuted for not trying hard enough to keep them secure, again as I've illustrated in the absurd trigger lock, etc... example.

Kindly keep your MORALS and my FREEDOM separate.

Your morals and mine obviously differ. I care enough to secure my weapons so the likelihood of them being stolen is greatly reduced.
So you're only worried about the loss off the gun because it cost you money and don't care that not securing your weapon could put it in the hands of the wrong people?
Your argument is making as much sense as leaving your cell phone in your locked car on the dash at the mall and saying "It isn't my fault that it got stolen". Well gee, I had a lock on my gun, it isn't my fault it got stolen when I wasn't home and the kid looked in my window and saw it....

I have never said prosecute anyone, what I did say is Light, expensive things grow feet when not secured and a trigger lock just stops the trigger from being pulled temporarily but that doesn't make the weapon secure.
Open your eyes, yours is just one argument the liberal politicans use to try and justify stomping on our 2nd amendment rights!
Be part of the solution and not the problem

When I'm not home, they are locked up in my safe. When I am home, there's usually one within arms reach. A gun locked up in a safe in a different room doesn't help much for home protection if someone decides to kick in my door while I'm watching TV.

Hear kick ... let's see here ... 30 right, 13 left, 22 right .... oh damn .... 13 right, 30 left, 22 right .... lol. I hear you!

There are very creative ways to hide/conceal guns without a thief/intruder finding them in most cases. MAGNETS work wonders. They are on Ebay and other sources specifically for firearms. Holds a firearm securely and flat under a dinner table for instance. No one would see/find it unless they were down crawling on all fours specifically looking for it. If a gun is not locked up in a safe, the next best thing is well hidden. NEVER in obvious places like your sock drawer :(.

Also 90% burglars are about getting in and out in under six minutes. So any false hope distractions are great also. Fake labels, etc. Hide things in plain sight and then deliberately let a thief see the edge of a box hidden away up high.

Write firearms or something on it, and well, it is actually canned food lol. That sort of thing. He just spent a whole minute getting up there to find some black beans.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concealed-G...774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460071f7fe

Hear kick ... let's see here ... 30 right, 13 left, 22 right .... oh damn .... 13 right, 30 left, 22 right .... lol. I hear you!

There are very creative ways to hide/conceal guns without a thief intruder finding them in most cases. MAGNETS work wonders. They are on Ebay and other sources specifically for firearms. Holds a firearm securely and flat under a dinner table for instance. No one would see/find it unless they were down crawling on all fours specifically looking for it. If a gun is not locked up in a safe, the next best thing is well hidden.

Also 90% burglars are about getting in and out in under six minutes. So any false hope distractions are great also. Fake labels, etc. Hide things in plain sight and then deliberately let a thief see the edge of a box hidden away up high.
Write firearms or something on it, and well, it is actually canned food lol. That sort of thing. He just spent a whole minute getting up there to find some black beans.

I always have a pop-gun within hands reach. That being said, I got tired of doing the right/left-around zero twice/right thing. I do the first two numbers of my combination and put the dial on 13. When I need to get into the safe, I just turn it to the correct final number and voila.

There are very creative ways to hide/conceal guns without a thief/intruder finding them in most cases. MAGNETS work wonders. They are on Ebay and other sources specifically for firearms. Holds a firearm securely and flat under a dinner table for instance. No one would see/find it unless they were down crawling on all fours specifically looking for it. If a gun is not locked up in a safe, the next best thing is well hidden. NEVER in obvious places like your sock drawer :(.

Concealed Gun Magnet Holster Mountable Hide Under Desk Bed Safe Weapon Storage | eBay

That's a good idea with the magnets, I could put them under the coffee table and endtable by the recliner! Do those work on stainless guns? I didn't think stainless was magnetic, but I could be wrong. My Ruger SR9 is stainless slide/poly frame, hope there's enough ferous metal for the magnet to grab!

use magnets to hold a holster; problem solved ;)
OR build yourself a kydex holster/firearm retention system into the furniture...
bolts with QD mechanisms/pins to retain the holster/retention system, modular enough to be able to put diff firearms in different places...

Your morals and mine obviously differ. I care enough to secure my weapons so the likelihood of them being stolen is greatly reduced.
So you're only worried about the loss off the gun because it cost you money and don't care that not securing your weapon could put it in the hands of the wrong people?
Your argument is making as much sense as leaving your cell phone in your locked car on the dash at the mall and saying "It isn't my fault that it got stolen". Well gee, I had a lock on my gun, it isn't my fault it got stolen when I wasn't home and the kid looked in my window and saw it....

I have never said prosecute anyone, what I did say is Light, expensive things grow feet when not secured and a trigger lock just stops the trigger from being pulled temporarily but that doesn't make the weapon secure.
Open your eyes, yours is just one argument the liberal politicans use to try and justify stomping on our 2nd amendment rights!
Be part of the solution and not the problem

You believe you are a more responsible, caring and benevolent person than another because you feel you do more to keep your guns locked up than someone else. Were that true, the greater difficulty to get a firearm, the better AND ultimately this train of thought leads to the conclusion that the ultimate 'responsible, caring and benevolent' gun owner is someone whom doesn't own guns at all as that is MORALLY superior to someone whom has a firearm.

Your morals and the right to keep and bear arm not being infringed don't mix.

My morals are to allow you to do any legal thing you like with your weapons BUT you may not tell someone else they have the wrong motivation (economical) for locking up their weapons as you did to Billdeserthills and it should be a MORAL obligation.

Again, one could argue you lack MORALS as you do not take your weapons apart, storing the pieces in separate locations, etc... and in fact one could argue with your own reasoning that the ultimate MORAL person who's goal is to keep children and criminals from having weapons is to simply allow nobody to have them.

You believe you are a more responsible, caring and benevolent person than another because you feel you do more to keep your guns locked up than someone else. Were that true, the greater difficulty to get a firearm, the better AND ultimately this train of thought leads to the conclusion that the ultimate 'responsible, caring and benevolent' gun owner is someone whom doesn't own guns at all as that is MORALLY superior to someone whom has a firearm.

Your morals and the right to keep and bear arm not being infringed don't mix.

My morals are to allow you to do any legal thing you like with your weapons BUT you may not tell someone else they have the wrong motivation (economical) for locking up their weapons as you did to Billdeserthills and it should be a MORAL obligation.

Again, one could argue you lack MORALS as you do not take your weapons apart, storing the pieces in separate locations, etc... and in fact one could argue with your own reasoning that the ultimate MORAL person who's goal is to keep children and criminals from having weapons is to simply allow nobody to have them.

My morals put life over money where you obviously just don't get it. Your right to keep and bear arms is not being questioned. Securing them should just be common sense. But now we're back to the "It's not my fault crap".
In the immortal word of Larry the cable guy, Ya cant fix Stup......... Never mind, I give up on you.
It's everybody else's fault sounds just like Obama...

use magnets to hold a holster; problem solved ;)
OR build yourself a kydex holster/firearm retention system into the furniture...
bolts with QD mechanisms/pins to retain the holster/retention system, modular enough to be able to put diff firearms in different places...

Too complicated! But just did a quick test with some small rare earth magnets I have, and looks like the stainless of my SR9 slide is indeed ferrous, so nice and easy! Didn't know there were ferrous varieties of stainless steel until I looked it up on Wikipedia.

You hide it the way the guy did in "The Godfather." Wrap it in waterproof plastic and drop it into the toilet tank . . .
If it's a Glock you don't have to be concerned with waterproofing it!!!

Sheldon

Dang.... This cant be allowed but as a gun owner I believe that all gun owners should secure their weapon(s) when not on their person! Every time I see something on a stolen firearm the 1st thing that goes through my head is the gun owner screwed up. Safes are cheap! Guns are cheap! It's the ammo that's expensive. Secure your weapons!

Storing any valuables in safe is stupid it makes it easy for criminals to know that you have valuables if they break in,the best prevention of burglary is to secure your house,my front door is a 6" thick steel door made to look like a wooden door and my windows are 3" thick bullet proof glass that can even withstand a grenade.If anyone is able to get past that and the other in home and outside of home security measures I have in place in less than an a few hours I would be very surprised.That is how you secure your valuables properly,someone once tried to break in through one of the aforementioned windows and promptly had to go to the hospital for a broken arm,the window didn't even receive a scratch.

I agree, I can not see it getting very far, if it did you would see a recall like was done in Colorado, there is only so much even Democrats would fear this type of legislation. I mean they left has to see the next thing would be police coming in to check how much weed you have is of a the legal limit for your medical card without a warrant.
Enter my house no warrant, not on my watch :)

One way they are looking to get around it is with Obamacare. Anyone signing up has to consent to home inspections. I fear we may see more and more of "home inspections" being added as stipulations to things. Once you agree to allow "home inspections", you've waived your 4th Amendment right, but the left won't tell you that you can re-assert your rights at any time. .. .

Hmmmmm hypothetically speaking :

If a person enters my property, wearing a gun can I not defend my family ?
A criminal trespass is a person who enters my property having no rights to do so, only a warrant or probable cause can allow a breach by anyone. Therefore it would stand to reason any person or persons NOT following that law may be doing so at their own peril.
And are law breakers on my property !

My guns being secure or not really have no public affect. You should not be in my house, and if you are then bad on you .

This needs to be the stand EVERYONE must take.
To do otherwise is how the left expects to win. They must be dropped cold in their tracks on this kind of Usurpation of the Constitution. Any other way and we will have Nazi Germany in our time in our lands. We are not the Jews of 1930's or 40's and we will not lay down. Screw with us and you may die. That is what we all must stand on. There is no worthwhile life while under a dictatorship, so do what you must to preserve freedom. It is an obligation to your children and their children.

My apologies if this offends anyone, but they are backing all of us into a corner.
How would you respond. I can not respond any other way than to stop this absurdity in my own way.

Again another topic gone 'debacle'.

There are so many off the wall gun laws being discussed in DC or and at the state level, but none are being taken seriously.

This will not pass any constitutional court test.

I'm sure I'll get the usual..."That's yer problem, you're not taking it seriously. Its people like you that will sit back and watch all our rights go down the drain and do nothing to prevent it"...right?

Oh to the contrary. All one has to do is look back at all the gun laws being discussed, and most absurd ideas are being left to die on the floor. And this is one of those absurd ideas.

If it generates any type of movement at all, you'll hear about it from many media outlets.

Nothing to see here folks...please move along.

Again another topic gone 'debacle'.

There are so many off the wall gun laws being discussed in DC or and at the state level, but none are being taken seriously.

This will not pass any constitutional court test.

I'm sure I'll get the usual..."That's yer problem, you're not taking it seriously. Its people like you that will sit back and watch all our rights go down the drain and do nothing to prevent it"...right?

Oh to the contrary. All one has to do is look back at all the gun laws being discussed, and most absurd ideas are being left to die on the floor. And this is one of those absurd ideas.

If it generates any type of movement at all, you'll hear about it from many media outlets.

Nothing to see here folks...please move along.

I tend to agree that this most likely will never stand. But given the current Adm. I put nothing past them.
Just be prepared to stop it dead in its track before it gets any traction.

My theory is that the east coast is now populated almost entirely by the offspring of the Tories, who lacked the will to be independent of the crown, and lacked the spine to continue their migration any farther west than where they stepped off the boat.

It is not the east coast, it is only the northeast.
You get to the southern states and it is a different world.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top