JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The end goal is to make us all criminals...to have so many rules and regulations that you may think you are "free" being able to own that AR-15, but in a few years time you won't be able to shoot it, bring it out of your safe or even have the mags and bullets for it.

Just you watch...they know going for a gun ban right out will be a no win for any politician. They'll just make so many rules, regulations and laws governing firearms it will discourage you from ever wanting one!

By the way, I'm for safe ownership of firearms and even advocate training, educating your children and securing them. Nevertheless, you cannot regulate personal responsibility...you either have it or you don't. You either think about the consequences of your actions or you don't.

I find your message disturbingly similar to the OP's
While storing property in a safe makes economical sense
It is wrong to force anyone to do so. Reminds me of something I heard the other day, "If she hadn't been wearing that skimpy bikini she wouldn't have gotten raped."

BTW - If you think guns are cheap You are buying the wrong kind, or not enough

1st Storing in a safe makes economical sense? Really? Nope, it's moral sense. Stupid kids will break a window or pry a door, these keep honest people honest. My alarm and 800+ pound safe bolted into the concrete keeps my guns out of the hands of stupid kids. Yup with an abrasive saw someone could get into my safe in 10-15 minutes but the police will be here before they are done.
I'm not forcing anyone to secure their weapon but I know I would feel terrible if my gun(s) were stolen and used to take an innocents life but if you can live with the consequences of irresponsible actions, that's your choice. My weapons are secure because it's the responsible thing to do.
As for the Bikini and rape... That's the best analogy you can come up with? This has nothing to do with securing your weapon.

As for the wrong kind, this is my latest acquisition:

So here's a chunk of change. Now calculate a 1000 rounds a month and at the end of a year the gun was cheap, the ammo was the expensive part and yes, I reload.

LesBaer_zps3b2872c0.jpg

The original report came from "The Blaze", so I need to make sure I stay skeptical about the veracity of the whole thing. Nonetheless, nobody is coming through the door of my home unless I allow them in. That includes cops without warrants. I store my guns the way I wish to. Some are loaded, others are not. My house, my security, my decision. Not up to some chair-polishing politician to decide for me. I'm certainly not against safe gun handling and storage practices, but I'm smart enough to make those decisions for myself without help.

The end goal is to make us all criminals...they know going for a gun ban right out will be a no win for any politician. They'll just make so many rules, regulations and laws governing firearms it will discourage you from ever wanting one!

Exactly why the Founding Fathers made it simple: ...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!

Then again there are those that believe, some on this site, that since it's already infringed it can be infringed further and would additionally believe in a civilized, rational discussion about those freedoms evaporating... as if anyone wants to sit and talk about the quality of chains and shackles going on your body.

Exactly why the Founding Fathers made it simple: ...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!

Then again there are those that believe, some on this site, that since it's already infringed it can be infringed further and would additionally believe in a civilized, rational discussion about those freedoms evaporating... as if anyone wants to sit and talk about the quality of chains and shackles going on your body.

If you're one of the lucky 314 million, two obamacare bracelets are already on the way!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rTDL5UDqoEk/TCVsljl1AMI/AAAAAAAABN8/1w83737l-go/s1600/Furry+Handcuffs.gif

The only difference between criminals and politicians, is politicians expect you to thank them when they steal your money and trample your rights. And you go to jail if you don't cooperate with them.

When I'm not home, they are locked up in my safe. When I am home, there's usually one within arms reach. A gun locked up in a safe in a different room doesn't help much for home protection if someone decides to kick in my door while I'm watching TV.

1st Storing in a safe makes economical sense? Really? Nope, it's moral sense. Stupid kids will break a window or pry a door, these keep honest people honest. My alarm and 800+ pound safe bolted into the concrete keeps my guns out of the hands of stupid kids. Yup with an abrasive saw someone could get into my safe in 10-15 minutes but the police will be here before they are done.
I'm not forcing anyone to secure their weapon but I know I would feel terrible if my gun(s) were stolen and used to take an innocents life but if you can live with the consequences of irresponsible actions, that's your choice. My weapons are secure because it's the responsible thing to do.
As for the Bikini and rape... That's the best analogy you can come up with? This has nothing to do with securing your weapon.

Haha!! Moral to lock up things already locked up in your house? Police will be there?

I sure hope you have a trigger lock on each of your weapons, have disassembled them and locked firing pins in a separate safe, preferably at a separate location a few miles away and the keys in a third place. After all, should all your precautions fail, you would feel morally responsible if someone, a stupid kid, defeated your alarm system, broke into your house, broke into your safe, found ammunition and loaded your weapon and used it to kill an innocent person.

Me, I'm not morally responsible for anyone breaking the law. They do that all on their own. And in case you're one of the types that believes guns kill people, they don't... people kill people.

My theory is that the east coast is now populated almost entirely by the offspring of the Tories, who lacked the will to be independent of the crown, and lacked the spine to continue their migration any farther west than where they stepped off the boat.

And they can stay there for all I care... There are entirely too damn many people on the East coast!!! And they talk funny to boot...

Haha!! Moral to lock up things already locked up in your house? Police will be there?

I sure hope you have a trigger lock on each of your weapons, have disassembled them and locked firing pins in a separate safe, preferably at a separate location a few miles away and the keys in a third place. After all, should all your precautions fail, you would feel morally responsible if someone, a stupid kid, defeated your alarm system, broke into your house, broke into your safe, found ammunition and loaded your weapon and used it to kill an innocent person.

Me, I'm not morally responsible for anyone breaking the law. They do that all on their own. And in case you're one of the types that believes guns kill people, they don't... people kill people.

No I do not have a trigger lock on any on my guns. When I'm home I have one within reach cocked and locked at all times. When I'm not, I have one that I carry OWB in my Glaco holster and the rest are locked up in my safe.
If all my precautions fail at least I tried unlike you. I believe people kill people but I also know that most burglars are in and out in minutes. I live within a mile of the local cop shop so my alarm should work. My guns shouldn't fall into the wrong hands because I chose to be an irresponsible uncaring, self centered gun owner who was naive enough to think no one would think to break into their house. That kind of person is why the liberal politicians keep on going after the guns! That kind of person enables crooks by providing them easy access to guns.
I sir, am a responsible gun owner unlike .................................................

No I do not have a trigger lock on any on my guns....
If all my precautions fail at least I tried unlike you....

I live within a mile of the local cop shop so my alarm should work. My guns shouldn't fall into the wrong hands because I chose to be an irresponsible uncaring, self centered gun owner who was naive enough to think no one would think to break into their house. That kind of person is why the liberal politicians keep on going after the guns! That kind of person enables crooks by providing them easy access to guns.
I sir, am a responsible gun owner unlike .................................................

I know people who would call you naive and barely tried securing your guns because you don't have a trigger lock on each of your weapons, don't have them disassembled with firing pins locked in a separate safe at a separate location a few miles away and the keys in a third place.

Moreover, it is the pinnacle of naivete to believe the police WILL be there when you need them, your alarm system is FAIL PROOF and will work when you need it and that you are a more responsible, caring and benevolent person than another because you feel you do more to keep your guns locked up than someone else. Were that the case, being more responsible, you would meet the ridiculous standards already given to you above with the trigger locks, etc... AND ultimately this train of thought leads to the conclusion that the ultimate 'responsible, caring and benevolent' gun owner is someone whom doesn't own guns at all - how can a criminal get your gun if you don't have one. Your argument is therefore flawed and doesn't make sense.

I know people who would call you naive because you don't have a trigger lock on each of your weapons, don't have them disassembled with firing pins locked in a separate safe at a separate location a few miles away and the keys in a third place.

Moreover, it is the pinnacle of naivete to believe the police WILL be there when you need them, your alarm system is FAIL PROOF and will work when you need it and that you are a more responsible, caring and benevolent person than another because you feel you do more to keep your guns locked up than someone else. Were that the case, being more responsible, you would meet the ridiculous standards already given to you above with the trigger locks, etc... AND ultimately this train of thought leads to the conclusion that the ultimate 'responsible, caring and benevolent' gun owner is someone whom doesn't own guns at all - how can a criminal get your gun if you don't have one. Your argument is therefore flawed and doesn't make sense.

A trigger lock will come off faster than my safe can be opened. Trigger locks are great when there are kids involved, not in my house! My guns aren't laying around. At least I am attempting to keep them secure which doesn't sound like you do. I am on multiple site and there is always a BOLO about somebody getting their guns stolen but for some reason I have yet to read they were in a safe!!! OK, make that locked safe because I did read about a guy who got complacent and forgot to turn the handle. Although I know an alarm and a safe are not fool proof, AT LEAST THE ATTEMPT is made that works 99% better than not securing them. Go back to sucking on your Martini's maybe after another double you will be able to come up with a better reason to not keep your weapon secured...

It's mind bending and ironic that Mass was the original place of rebellion against British tyranny

It was also the first place to threaten life imprisonment for any US citizen from another state to cross there boarders with a concealed hand gun, The same year JFK was murdered. That didn't help then President John Kennedy's brother Bob or what this country went through for years afterward and to this day.
Silver Hand

If this scumbag really wants to protect the children, he'd ban swimming pools. They kill more kids than handguns. And in this instance, yes, pools kill people whereas guns don't.

Go back to sucking on your Martini's maybe after another double you will be able to come up with a better reason to not keep your weapon secured...

I never said I don't lock up my weapons, you said I didn't.

Storing in a safe makes economical sense? Really? Nope, it's moral sense.

You are arguing the reason people should lock up their guns is MORALS... and my reason is ECONOMICAL. I don't want mine stolen because they cost me a lot of $$$.

As I've already illustrated, the argument that you have to lock up your guns for MORAL reasons is flawed and leads to MORALLY NOT OWNING GUNS and for that, I will always argue against.

Should mine be stolen, I'm out $$$$. In your world, you may get prosecuted for not trying hard enough to keep them secure, again as I've illustrated in the absurd trigger lock, etc... example.

Kindly keep your MORALS and my FREEDOM separate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top