JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrong-house shooting in DeKalb: 'Why did they shoot me? My dog?
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/cop-shot-responding-to-wrong-house-gbi-leading-inv/nnWKr/

"The McKinleys were watching TV – a movie called "Serendipity" – when they heard voices in the backyard and Chris went to investigate, Colson said.

"He says, 'I opened the door to see what the dogs were barking at, and I see black uniforms and I hear pop-pop-pop-pop,'" Colson said.

Dutton said the man inside the home, identified by neighbors as McKinley, was shot in the leg by officers when he came into the kitchen. He was taken to Atlanta Medical Center, where he was treated and released. McKinley, who was on crutches Tuesday morning and recovering at home, declined to speak to a reporter.

One of the officers was shot in the hip during the incident, and was in serious, but stable, condition Tuesday morning after undergoing surgery at Grady Memorial Hospital.

"Early investigation indicates that the injured officer was likely shot accidentally by one of the other officers on the scene," Dutton said.

The three DeKalb police officers involved in the incident have been placed on paid administrative leave, interim DeKalb police Chief James Conroy told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Two of the three officers fired their weapons, he said.

While the latest incident has prompted DeKalb to review its when-to-shoot training protocol, Conroy said police have difficulties when people call 911 from cellphones but aren't able to provide an accurate address.

"Without getting into the specifics of this case, that's one of the challenges when people call 911, we often don't know where they are," Conroy said. "We want officers to go out and investigate crimes like this rather than react. We want to go out and actually apprehend criminals and help people."

DeKalb police dept photo?

2014-06-14-keystonekops.jpg

Why didn't they meet the guy who called 911 and he could then point out the house in question.
That's what officers Reed and Malloy would have done.

Last Edited:
Stories like this piss me off. I am no cop basher but, when I see stories like this juxtaposed with stories of active shooters when police "wait and see" (or as they like to say wait for swat) while people are presently being murdered I get so angry.

So, as someone who wasn't there and hasn't read the report or listened to the news, I must assume that someone was banging the other someones wife, girlfriend, mother, whatever and took advantage of the situation to shoot that someone seeing as someone had already shot someone else and someone else's dog in someone's home, or some home some where with people in it that were being burglarized by someone, maybe, and the police were notified of the situation by someone who called 911 to say some home was being burgled by someone. I think I understand now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top