JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know the police in salem are cool with giving guns back...

I actually had a shipping error that had one of my guns mailed to the wrong person ..

Guy turned my pistol and the money that was in the box to the sheriff.

All I had to do was go to the property office and pick it up.. they didn't even do a background check on me FTW!

Not exactly the same as using in a self defense situation.. because then it might be held for evidence.. and they might keep it 4-eva

This is a good reason for a SAFE being locked. They WILL not be allowed into my safe without a warrant. So yes maybe they could take one gun but not all of them, but the rest fell in the river anyway so what does it matter :)
I am not sure on that one. I have a friend who had a AD and shot himself in the leg. They confiscated every firearm in the home to prove it was a self inflicted wound. then returned them all. Now maybe he didn't have to surrender all of them as there was no lawyer involved. But the police sure made it sound like he HAD too.

i had a couple guns end up in police custody many years ago.. not a story i'm gonna tell, but all i had to do to get them back was go into the precinct and sign for return to owner. one was a post-ban (during the ban) "assault rifle," which the local agency didn't give a rats *** about. i never was good about complying with that stupid *** ban, not sure why so many people did.

You should recieve a copy of the paperwork that is completed for the incident and it should have the serial number recorded and all other pertinent info on the gun. If you are at all calm after the shooting when they confiscate/take into evidence the weapon ask for a reciept if your worried about it.

I myself would be worried about other things besides a thousand dollar pistol as others have stated.

had my gun confiscated before after a shoot (no, I will not go over any details). After the investigation, I was given the option to have the gun destroyed or I could come down and sign for it. I came down and signed for it...the same gun is next to me right now while I type this.

The main thing is that the police cannot issue out evidence of an active investigation. Until a case is closed (i.e. a jury of your peers says you are innocent or the DA drops all charges), you won't even be able to get a life-saving respirator back, let alone a firearm.

I disagree with almost all of you. # 1 priority for me is to train continuously with my weapon so instinct takes over if I ever have to use it. If I have trained well and luck is on my side, I will be alive to ponder trivial things like losing a gun to the police.

I don't get how after taking another persons life, even if justified, a decent human being could have the value of his weapon be at the front of their concerns.

The main thing is that the police cannot issue out evidence of an active investigation. Until a case is closed (i.e. a jury of your peers says you are innocent or the DA drops all charges), you won't even be able to get a life-saving respirator back, let alone a firearm.

Very true. This can be a year or more after.

in having more than one of my carry weapon, in fact I may have more than two of the same weapon, you just never know what I have or don't have!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I have heard some horror stories about people getting their gun taken away as evidence after a shooting. Justified or not, I have heard of people never getting their gun back because of so much red tape involved. Is this normal behavior by the police up here in WA as well?

I really want to put some money towards a high end piece for carrying but don't really want to if there is any chance of not seeing it again after a shooting. I don't care if I lose my 400 dollar glock to the police but would be pissed off if I was to never get back my 2000.00 custom carry 1911.

any input/comment is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chipperxd

I have heard this one before and ask myself,

Will I really care that much after taking someones life?

If I do carry the cheapo gun,I won't mind the cops confiscating,will I have to worry about the cops taking it when it miss fires?

I would always carry the gun I shoot best.If there are two I am very proficient with,I guess I would carry the less expensive of the two.

I disagree with almost all of you. # 1 priority for me is to train continuously with my weapon so instinct takes over if I ever have to use it. If I have trained well and luck is on my side, I will be alive to ponder trivial things like losing a gun to the police.

I don't get how after taking another persons life, even if justified, a decent human being could have the value of his weapon be at the front of their concerns.

don't know why you are taking my random question so personally. a decent human being? I couldn't give two sh its about some idiot gangbanger trying to stab me for a few bucks in my wallet or for my phone. If you pity someone who is willing to do harm to you for your possession, you are a better man than me.

:s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

It's just a theoretical question on the net up for discussion, like many things in life the only way we can really know what we will do is through experience, I for one would be happy to just stick with the theoretical. ;)

don't know why you are taking my random question so personally. a decent human being? I couldn't give two sh its about some idiot gangbanger trying to stab me for a few bucks in my wallet or for my phone. If you pity someone who is willing to do harm to you for your possession, you are a better man than me.

YOU didn't read the post
He ask how a descent human being could worry about the value of a weapon.You seem to have read it,talking a descent human being's life.

Redcap
Quote:
Originally Posted by badclam View Post

:s0114::s0114::s0114:

Maybe you have killed a person and find this funny.Maybe you think killing a person won't dramatically change your life.
I don't know.But in either case,you need some guidance.

It's just a theoretical question on the net up for discussion, like many things in life the only way we can really know what we will do is through experience, I for one would be happy to just stick with the theoretical. ;)

Yeah that happens here on NWfirearms.
EVERYBODY on here is ready to take you very literally and bash you because of what you said.
I don't believe you are innocent of this.

I said the same thing in different terms.
How could you worry about the value of the gun you just killed someone with?

It seems like an innocent question,for those of us that haven't killed someone.
But I believe if you talk to a normal person,and 3/4's of the people from wars,they will tell you it isn't very easy to deal with.

no I read the post fine. sorry I offended you somehow with my question. maybe I killed someone and I find this funny? You got that from my post? wow you have a really active imagination. where did you see me say that it wasn't going to dramatically change my life? I'm sure I will be traumatized much like most who have gone through it. that does not mean I have to feel sorry for some scumbag trying to harm me or my family for material things. maybe you should read it right before you start typing.

Maybe the three :s0114:'s??

Jee I don't know
Everyone on here seems sooo.....internet tough.
I could kill a guy and just smoke a cigar:s0155:

So what was funny about his post?

are you for real? the :s0114::s0114::s0114:'s are not from my post...jebus the internet is just way too hard for some.

Sorry that was redcap's post,as you should have seen if you would have read the whole post

Chipperxd
Quote:
Originally Posted by badclam View Post

don't know why you are taking my random question so personally.
a decent human being?
I couldn't give two sh its about some idiot gangbanger trying to stab me for a few bucks in my wallet or for my phone. If you pity someone who is willing to do harm to you for your possession, you are a better man than me.
I really have no idea what you just said there. what?

SSlllllooooooowwwwwwww dooooowwwwnnnnnn and read it again.Stop coming up with an answer before you even read what was said.

Now see the little quote inside the big quote THAT YOU WROTE?? This seems to say you thought he was calling the bad guy a decent.....

You're right never mind...Kinda difficult to read tonight?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top