Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Police Chief Wants Citizens As ‘Reserve Force’ To Defend Against Feds

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jimwsea, Feb 14, 2013.

1. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I hope this is real.

Police Chief Wants Citizens As 'Reserve Force' To Defend Against Feds : Freedom Outpost

"...I recently ran across Police Chief Mark Kessler of the Gilberton Borough Police Department in Pennsylvania. He wants citizens to join with his police department in building a “reserve force” that will aid his police force should the need arise to resist Federal authorities when it comes to the Second Amendment."

If Obama can have his civilian force, so can we. If my local sheriff wants to form a reserve force here, I'll join.

2. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

3. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

This is evident of a police chief that cares about his family & has family members that own assault' weapons. He understands that they wont be protected by a police exemption. I compare his action to those that stood up to the government when a black person wasn't afforded the "all men are created equally" benefit.

4. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

DEPUTIZE ME!

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I already am in Clark County, but it's only for writing handicapped parking violations.

6. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

Well in my eyes all men are created equally disabled when confronted with a overwhelming force such as the federal government can be.

7. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

Sure, becoming a 'reserve force' or being deputized may be like the 8 year old getting a pair of wings on their first plane ride... at first. But then you're on the "Call list" for that county, when "The Time" comes. So why not?

Any Oregon counties doing this?

8. RyanGun

RyanGun Oregon New Member

That is possibly the greatest thing I've ever read.

We should e-mail this article to our county sheriffs and say, "hey, do you want a free army? because you can have one."

I'm sending this over to Dan Staton (Multnomah County) who already said he wouldnt enforce the feds BS.

This would be a very effective way of organizing people for this specific purpose. I think it would be popular in the sense that it would be much more socially acceptable to the "on the fence" type people who are weary of such things. Its harder to label someone a "domestic terrorist" when they're affiliated with the local PD.

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Are an minority of dimwits actually converting over to thinking, and realizing who the enemy of their freedoms really are - and no, that does not include brown people 7400 miles away?

I'd say too little too late, but hey, nice to see.

10. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Most Sheriff's Offices and Police Departments in Oregon have reserve Officers. You have to go through the whole DPSST course though, which is extensive. Then you have to volunteer a certain number of hours every month to keep current.

11. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

12. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Now THIS is community organizing at it's finest.

13. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

I like this TTT