JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it's an effort by the chief to supply his force with ammunition.
We all have read the articles where the shortage of ammo is effecting police departments around the country. This chief had a brilliant idea that if he made a statement that would piss off gun owners, those gun owners would mail in a single round to him as a form of protest.
With enough such actions taken by the gun community, his problem with the shortage of ammo would be solved.

I think it's an effort by the chief to supply his force with ammunition.
We all have read the articles where the shortage of ammo is effecting police departments around the country. This chief had a brilliant idea that if he made a statement that would piss off gun owners, those gun owners would mail in a single round to him as a form of protest.
With enough such actions taken by the gun community, his problem with the shortage of ammo would be solved.
so we send him a short load then they will have plugged barrels

This is a quote from the article, which quotes the Chief:

"I don't care if they're licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained... putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I'll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we're going to have tragedies as a result of that. I'm telling you right up front."

I'd like anyone to articulate which part of the statement indicates anything other than the standard police tactics in any state and municipality. In fact it would be interesting to know who out of citizens on the forum who carry daily would employ any other tactics as well.

I'd like anyone to articulate which part of the statement indicates anything other than the standard police tactics in any state and municipality. In fact it would be interesting to know who out of citizens on the forum who carry daily would employ any other tactics as well.

Maybe they will do it like another department did it below....No need to ask questions, just start shooting.

Baltimore Police Issue Reforms After Officer's Death In Select Lounge Shooting « CBS Baltimore

"Crime camera footage captured the chaos outside Select Lounge. Officer Torbit— in plainclothes– was attacked by the crowd and shot 22-year-old Sean Gamble. Then, fellow officers opened fire on him. Torbit was hit 20 times."

Maybe they will do it like another department did it below....No need to ask questions, just start shooting.

Baltimore Police Issue Reforms After Officer's Death In Select Lounge Shooting « CBS Baltimore

"Crime camera footage captured the chaos outside Select Lounge. Officer Torbit— in plainclothes– was attacked by the crowd and shot 22-year-old Sean Gamble. Then, fellow officers opened fire on him. Torbit was hit 20 times."

Or maybe they will call an airstrike - kill the armed citizen, and destroy evidence :) Since you decided to reply, perhaps you can answer my question ?

I dont think it needs to be answered. Read what he said..."but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire"

Well, I am not sure police procedure is to open fire at anyone with a firearm in their hand. Not pointing at the officer, just having it in there hand? Yep, that must not be proper police procedure.

Did you read what happened to officer Torbit?

"but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we're going to have tragedies as a result of that. I'm telling you right up front."

Have you ever been involved with a shooting on American soil? I have. When you see someone you love potentially having a gun pointed at them yet doesn't quite have it pointed at them 'yet' you wait for what is the deciding factor for the life you love versus the one you truly never knew. The law as it is written is not the friend of the righteous. It is the friend of those that would take your loved ones life in a second without pause & you get to fix the wrong after they try or do.

I dont think it needs to be answered. Read what he said..."but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire"

Well, I am not sure police procedure is to open fire at anyone with a firearm in their hand. Not pointing at the officer, just having it in there hand? Yep, that must not be proper police procedure.

Did you expect a detailed, word-for-word citation of a police training manual when it comes dealing with armed suspects in a press conference ? These weak attempts to sensationalize such stories are like farts in the wind.

I have read about Torbit, and it is irrelevant. This story is about possible changes to carry laws in IL, police's intention to train their officers on the new laws, and a reminder to the citizens who intend take advantage of such laws not to be careless with their firearms.

Did you expect a detailed, word-for-word citation of a police training manual when it comes dealing with armed suspects in a press conference ? These weak attempts to sensationalize such stories are like farts in the wind.

I have read about Torbit, and it is irrelevant. This story is about possible changes to carry laws in IL, police's intention to train their officers on the new laws, and a warning to the citizens who intend take advantage of such laws not to be careless with their firearms.

Once again, we are all wrong fd15k and you are right. Figures, we are sorry.

If the Chicago PD starts shooting noncriminal civilians or the mentally ill, the City will face more lawsuits and the DOJ. Just like the Pdx PD. I think we have another ding bat ignorant mayor and his police chief showing their limited intelligene.

This gun feeding frenzy seems to be erupting with one knot head after another. These folks are right out in front and making fools of them selves, but is worse is that those that elected these bozos are unable to realize that those that are speaking for them are dumber than shxx!

Actually there is a bunch more to the Torbit story then that one link I posted. The story revolves around the cops shooting their own because they were too quick to shoot.

I guess you know it all fd15k so I'll just hush.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top