JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Police officers are not pro 2A.

Only thing I'm trying to figure out, is why the gun community is pushed to be pro police.
^100%
Half my family are/were cops on my moms side.. they are not gun people nor are they conservative. Im not sure how people assume those factors apply to all cops..

Let me add my $0.02 here, if I may.

See, I actually in a society where ALL legally-owned firearms are registered, and I mean ALL.

Shotguns of all kinds, rifles and handguns of all kinds, no matter what section of the Firearms Act they come under. And in Scotland, even airguns - same in Northern Ireland.

Which is why, when the government of the day enacted an Amendment to the Firearms Act of 1967, banning cartridge-firing handguns, they knew the name and address of every legal gun-owner in the entire UK, and, of course, what kind of firearm they owned. Northern Ireland got an exemption, because there was no evidence that any crimes had been committed there with legally-held handguns. The mass child-murderer Hamilton had used his legally-held handguns to slaughter sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher, in spite of the very strong recommendation from one police force that the force that had issued him with his FAC revoke it instantly an interview with him had been conducted.

Within a few weeks of the last gun seizure, that of our legally-held cartridge-firing handguns in 1997/8, the use of ILLEGAL handguns rose, and continued to rise up to a high point in 2009, whereupon it has sort of settled, albeit to an annual figure of less than a fairly quiet Summer evening in Chicago or Detroit.

Registration is only successful when the gun has BEEN registered in the first place, somewhere, even it is only in the register of the FFL originally selling it. After that gun has left the store -anything can happen to it, and often does, as we know. How many times have we read about innocent FFL holders getting ruined by the Feds because a couple of guns they legally sold had subsequently been used to commit criminal acts and traced back to them?

I'm getting tired of telling people that criminals pay no attention to laws - that is why they are called criminals.

They will continue to do whatever they want to do.

Just a simplistic thought: HOW do they get the SN's of the one's sold out of the 'Trunk of the Vehicle" in the parking lot/alley at midnight. Do they have 'special' optics, ultra high resolution to 'read' the sn, make, model, caliber? Or is this just more of fingering the posterior alimentary canal?

ISIS, Taliban, Nazis, KGB, any government covert operative and list goes on and on. Do you want them in your personal space etc. etc.? Relatives, friends and assorted wannabe's employed as 'cops'. Like most things in life it is a career choice to put food on the table,collect perks and pay the rent/mortgage. Think!

Police officers are not pro 2A.
Eh ... not all of them.

Our Sheriff has been vocal in his support of RKBA, concealed carry, and our county being a 2A sanctuary. Back when it was a thing, he'd sign off on NFA forms with no issue.

When we were out in eastern Oregon, the Sheriff was similar, though didn't make as many public statements to the effect.

Criminals-Obey-the-law.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top