JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a number of modern guns that did not have serial numbers as well ...Mostly older shotguns and .22 rifles.
I have two Stevens model 15's and a older Remington model 512 now in the safe that do not serial numbers....
Andy
Andy, let's be careful how us mature gents use the word modern nowadays, been caught off my feet a time or two recently:oops:

At least the cops apologized afterwards. As far as they knew initially, the guy was a threat and there was legal grounds for what they were doing. If nothing else, now that the story is out, some will think twice about blindly following orders.

Pirate
"Think twice about blindly following orders," indeed! The coppers are well covered. The system is designed to justify them killing the guy if he made a "wrong" move!!

Sheldon

I'm expecting this will become a more common occurrence. I wonder how long people around the country will put up with government overreach and intimidation? Or will the majority continue to march blindly in lockstep with the purveyors of this jackbooted thuggery - all in the name of "saving just one life"?

People sure are gullible.

I'm expecting this will become a more common occurrence. I wonder how long people around the country will put up with government overreach and intimidation? Or will the majority continue to march blindly in lockstep with the purveyors of this jackbooted thuggery - all in the name of "saving just one life"?

MOST people sure are gullible,:cool:

I know one thing for certain. The folks that ordered this got very lucky it wasn't a Veitnam vet like my dad. They should really consider calling and talking to the individual before showing up unannounced. It isn't fair to the gun owner and certainly not fair to the deputies. Very incompetent and dangerous IMOP.

All the better reason to stay off-books and keep them in several places.
Absolutely right but first time you use one it is then ON THE BOOKS! Good to have sacrificial and inexpensive guns when they come for your weapons! Things like old cruddy single shots. Use them to shoot whatever, not your really good ones.
this is just like a "throw down", a term bad cops used to justify shootings!

I think guys like this deserve a little respect shown!! Not looking forward to more of this sort of thing happening.

Just makes you aware that you need to be very careful who you talk to about what you have and own.:mad:

c10.png

Look at the bright side. At least they didn't lobotomize him and make his family into soylent green.
man, that's messed up

Range 365 said:
But the deputies weren't bearing bad news. After confirming Hall's identity, they announced they had a deposition and were there to confiscate his firearms.

Really...........?

That sounds like bad news to me, very bad news.

Ray

If I was this guy, I would sue the hospital. Obviously, the information came from someone in the hospital's staff who was careless in some way. Same name is not an excuse when they definitely had different SS numbers and likely different birthdates, certainly different addresses, phone numbers, etc.

To encourage hospitals to not be negligent while providing information that can deprive a person of his or Constitutional rights, the hospital in question needs to face a very costly civil suit -- if there are no consequences for this type of screw up, there will just be more of them.

Mr. Hall should have received a PUBLIC apology from the mayor of his city like mayor Nagan had to do after katrina.
"They" keep pushing T2A envelope hoping we will subside. And a veteran at that? Shows how low they will stoop.

"They" hate veterans, they hate soldiers, and have no problem skrwin them over! We are all contaminated by our training and military expierence! We are trained killers, to them! This becomes obvious to them by our deeply unnatural relationship with our guns! In the event of a vet being illegally harassed, well, he's probably crazy anyway! o_O

Last Edited:
After confirming Hall's identity, the deputies announced they had a deposition and were there to take his guns. The news left Hall dumbfounded, but he obeyed the orders of the officers and retrieved his two handguns.

Then, the deputies asked if Hall had any long guns, which he did. Hall, who had no history of mental illness, handed over four long guns, but when he questioned why, specifically, they were taking his firearms, they couldn't provide him with an answer. In fact, according to Hall, the officers, who apologized throughout the process, admitted that they had never confiscated anyone's guns before and had no clue why they were there other than the "mentally defective" stamp on the deposition. Their guess was that it had something to do with the SAFE Act, Hall said, which requires health care providers to report any patients whom they believe to be a danger to themselves or anyone else.

From an earlier post in this thread - Don't be surprised.

"I'm surprised it sailed through the way it did with a man who has a spotless record," Panzone said. "To me, presumption of innocence is the foundation of our system, and this provision doesn't allow for that."

Last Edited:
What makes a person mentally defective?
- Do you believe in invisible beings?
- Do you talk with beings who cannot be seen?
- Do you believe they talk to you?

I know several on this very board who profess these very things.

I think the only positive thing that came from this is that Mr. Hall was such an accommodating guy. Could have gotten ugly if the police had shown up on the doorsteps of any of several old codgers I know.

Kudos to whoever that Sheriff is for taking a low key and reasonable approach with Mr. Hall. I can thinkof a couple agencies who would have gone the other direction and mobilized a goon squad.

E

Kudos to whoever that Sheriff is for taking a low key and reasonable approach with Mr. Hall. I can thinkof a couple agencies who would have gone the other direction and mobilized a goon squad.

E

I would have walked out, locked the door behind me, then told them you are going to peacefully resist their actions and placed your right hand up and informed them your position and they were to cease and desist further unconstitutional actions against you.

This, of course will result in you being arrested instantly, hopefully without a beat down for resisting them. I have security cams and would have also had my cell phone cam pointed at them the entire time.

DO NOT COMPLY

DO NOT "GIVE" ACCESS to your home.

MAKE THEM BREAK YOUR DOOR DOWN AND MAKE THEM ARREST YOU!

Do not resist via pointing guns at them and getting yourself shot.

If they do not back down and violate your rights and breach your protected domain that is your home the consequences are 1000 times bigger for them later when you sue them.

DO NOT COMPLY with the governments illegal acts.

Later, the judge will simply ask you if you allowed this confiscation to be performed, or, if you said no and resisted. When you answer "yes" you did "allow" the confiscation and entry in to your home, you will be informed that your "allowing" them to enter and confiscate your guns signifies your "de facto" agreement and allowance and thus the case will most likely be dismissed.

Obviously, you would appeal and take it to the next step but your de facto agreement via allowing this to happen with no resistance means you made it a lot harder and more expensive for your lawyer to win your case later, do you want that?

No, I am not an attorney, this is just my opinion, but I think it is valid reasoning in this situation.

They would not take my guns without busting in to get them and they will not bust in without illegally arresting me in order to get to my front door.

Robert

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads