JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cleaning out and going through things, hint hint, look at my classifieds!!!

Anyways, I found my boxed up Pokémon cards from the early 90s.

Put them up on Craigslist for $1200. A nicer person on there said I'm an idiot and gave me some advice not to sell as I apparently have some worth that alone.

Yes, 1 card or many that I have is worth some $1000-$5000 dollars!

I got all excited, up until I learned that in order for that value to exist, they must be appraised by a big time agency like PSA. With a PSA rating of 10 and a low population, it then can fetch those numbers.

Anyone do this card grading thing? It's something like $50-$250 PER CARD to appraise. Money I may not get back. It's essentially a chance I'd take, spending money to guess that my card could sell for more after appraised.

Apparently a few of the ones I got might be worthy to appraise. Im still not sold. If I could get $2000 as is I'd be A OK and call it a day.

Anyone who has gone through this please chime in!

Never thought these cards might be worth this much!

Seriously mind boggling…

Reno

Sounds like some more research for you on your cards is in order.

I know nothing about pokemon cards....
But I have done my share of book trading.
With books....condition is almost everything....and just a little bit of wear can turn a $1,000 book into a $100 book.

I would suggest looking up as much as you can regarding condition of cards , rarity and demand for the cards....
Please note that with some things , rare or uncommon , does not always equal high demand or high value.
Andy

This is the "problem" when you get into "collectable" anything. Damn some are willing to pay what seem insane prices for some stuff. Sure sounds like it may be worth seeking out the kind of "expert" who could tell you for sure. Damn shame to sell one than later find out you could have gotten 10 times what it sold for. If its per card to get what you need do what Andy said. Do as much research as you can free then if you have a few that seem real good possibilities? Maybe take them to one of the people who can make them really sell ??

Visited a friend in Reno one early December last century.

Stopping to buy some treble hooks at Target, we saw dozens of Tickle Me Elmo dolls leaving the store in shopping carts and found two employees stacking 100 more along an aisle inside, not even shelving them. I told my pal I should fill my Cherokee and take them back to San Diego where I was stationed. But I figured with my luck I'd get stuck with a butt-load of useless (and annoying) toys, so I didn't.

Sure enough, back at home a week later, my co-workers were laughing about all the classified ads placed by people desperate to buy Elmos for their crazed kids for Christmas. All were offering $500 or more per doll, and a week later they were going for $1000.

"Missed it by that much..."
- Maxwell Smart

If they're sellable now then sell them NOW. If wait too long, values could crash... just like the TY Beanie Babies.
My feeling too! I don't know what the hell is going on with these values. Insane.

I have a friend who works for PWCC Marketplace. They specialize in selling rare cards worldwide and are HQ'd in Tigard. They don't do grading, but contacting the sales team may help depending on the rarity.

Places to get grading done are PSA, SGC, CGC, or Beckett.

-Robert

Well, I'm still a bit in shock, but I walked away with $1000 in cash and a young gentleman Walked away with a binder of cards!

Crazy times!

Still got any pics of the cards?

Curious to see what a potentially spendy card is like. Maybe I might come across some.

-Robert
The ones in red are sought after. The Lass trainer in mint 10 graded condition can sell for 200-1000 alone. Supposedly it was the first female Pokémon card and it is fairly rare. Beats the sh1t out of me. I'm glad to have gotten 1k for the lot. More than I ever thought I'd get.

18780083-F186-4A55-B3F2-454F144A5B99.jpeg 2818C7C2-BC39-4DE8-A6A7-097B19FDA194.jpeg

Stopping to buy some treble hooks at Target, we saw dozens of Tickle Me Elmo dolls leaving the store in shopping carts and
Do you remember the story of the slow production line in the Tickle Me Elmo factory? It seems they hired a fellow and he was taking each doll off the assembly line and hand sewing 2 little knobs on the front of each doll. The supervisor was checking on the slowing of the line and found the fellow had misunderstood his job. He was told to give each doll 2 test tickles not 2 testicles. Problem solved. Anyway thats the story I heard. :D

you should check out Magic the Gathering.. I looked up some of my old cards.. you can about buy a house with some of them. I sold off a few cards over the last few years for around 5k in total, a few in the 900-1100 range and several in the 400-500..

I also collected baseball cards back in the mid to late 80s and into he 90s.. those are worth about the cardboard they are printed on.. maybe. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top