JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a recent convert to Sig P series pistols I began looking for a project to expand the collection. I looked locally but everyone was very proud of the guns they had to offer and none were project worthy.

While browsing gunbroker a few days ago I found a police trade in P229 that looked like just the ticket. The pistol had some finish wear and looked pretty rough in the photos and I am sure this is why not many were bidding (it was an actual auction). I won the pistol for about a third the price of a new P229 allowing some room for upgrades.

I ordered some parts for the gun from Brownell's here is a list.
Mepro night sights
A parts kit
Short reset trigger set (back order)
New sear spring
and looking for some wood grip used

Yesterday I stripped the gun to the bones and de-greased with acetone and cleaned all the gunk from the thing, it was filthy; amazing it still worked for the officer that carried it. Internally the pistol is in nice shape and does not seem to have much wear and tear.

Will get it in the blast cabinet today and shoot some KG gun kote on it; that should get the exterior looking good. The debate is if I will paint the slide or leave it naked, right now I am thinking it will get a black frame and stainless slide.

After the new springs and parts arrive I will get it back together and off to the range; after I make a holster for it that is.
Here are a couple of pics at the onset.
15nxijq.jpg
w6sind.jpg

Had a day off today (and won't for a while) so wanted to make some progress.
Did my version of Sig's SAS treatment on the slide. Decided to leave it stainless and shot KG on the frame and exposed parts.

Hope to get it together and off to the range on my next day off and of course make a holster for it.

11vitg9.jpg
e6vhp5.jpg

I'd be interested in hearing more about the 'short reset trigger' Mine is pretty much a safe queen these days but other than the long first pull I don't remember the reset being an issue. Maybe it's time to take her out....

I'd be interested in hearing more about the 'short reset trigger' Mine is pretty much a safe queen these days but other than the long first pull I don't remember the reset being an issue. Maybe it's time to take her out....

I would also be interested. I have the kit for my 239 in the safe. I have never seen a reset issue but I am willing to do it if it helps. Was tearing it down a pain?

Over the years I have passed on Sig's for what ever reasons. However, I took a P227 SAS in trade awhile back and that pistol is awesome. One reason is the SRT system it makes a huge difference (to my anyway). I don't notice it much in dry fire practice but in live fire it excels.

Not very difficult to take down and the system is just a parts swap. However, they are out of stock everywhere right now.

Parts arrived today so back together. I used air dry KG gun kote on this project, not very impressive. Will have to get some bake on and hope it is tougher.
Here are some pics.
2rqou4m.jpg
96z3it.jpg
1qjybd.jpg

Range day.
This was DA for each round to try and improve my DA shooting.
2qizfrs.jpg
This is a series of failure drills DA first, SA second and a head to finish. Fired a few of them from 7, 10 & 15 yds.
35ml1sh.jpg
Also took a P226 9mm I picked up and it worked like a champ as well. The more time I have with Sigs the more I like em.
I did notice a big difference between the standard trigger and the SRT in my 227. Hope Brownell's get them in soon:)

Well as previously stated I was no satisfied with the first attempt and planned to re-apply a different finish.
Well that has been accomplished and I think the final product is very nice:
4gjm0w.jpg
k1x7xy.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR