JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went down to the family cabin to burn the last of the slash piles from logging and brought my old carry pistol and my new carry pistol with me along with some new ammo I hadn't tried.

Bought a 100-pack of Federal brass .40 S&W 180gr FMJ from WalMart for $28.87. I think there were only 3-4 choices for cheap .40 S&W ammo vs. at least 7-8 for 9mm. The same ammo in 9mm was only a buck cheaper, IIRC.

Of course I forgot proper targets, again. So, paper plates with a crudely drawn bullseye circle was it.

Shot the S&W M&P40c first and did 10-rounds at approximately 20yds with a rest and got a respectable 2.5", especially for cheap plinking ammo.

qdAkiiGvQOOlXicWyuFbPg.jpg

Then I shot the XDS 40 with the same ammo and got nearly identical results...

GDFy9BlYRKC-hwfKohf6xA.jpg

What was surprising is how awful the XDS trigger feels now. It's always been heavy, at 6.5lbs, but it breaks relatively clean and I've been able to get very, very good results at 25yds with it. Under 2" 5-shot groups.

This time, it felt unusually heavy compared to the M&P's 3.75lb trigger.

Also, the trigger actually irritated my finger and the recoil was definitely more pronounced with the XDS; something I hadn't noticed before.

Very happy with the M&P40c and like it more and more the more I shoot it.

That's it. I told you this would be a pointless thread...

Not pointless at all; it seems the point is that it is a good thing to shoot different guns and learn the differences.

E.G.; I am totally spoiled by my SIGs compared to a Glock and I think the slight bit of extra mass of the alloy metal frame is worth it compared to a plastic frame which feels "springy" in recoil. This really becomes apparent when I shoot the SIG 2022 DA/SA compared to the metal framed DA/SA SIGs - same action/trigger, the main difference being the plastic frame of the 2022.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top