JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So ive recently applied for my CHL and I was just curious what the card looked like itself.. Does it look like a drivers license? orrrrr.. just curious and excited to get somethin ive always wanted.. I feel like a 16 yearold at DMV that just passed the drive test!! lmao!!:s0114:

I don't know about Oregon, but here in Washington it's about a 3.5" by 5" piece of paper that you have to fold and still doesn't fit inside a wallet without creasing it. I think they need change the size, because I dont know about you guys, but I always keep it in the wallet.

I think each county has their own format. I've had a Multnomah County one and a Clackamas County one. The Multnomah County one is plastic like the Oregon driver's license, while the Clackamas County one is printed in color on paper and then laminated.

Information on both: name, address, DOB, height, weight, expiration, sheriff signature, picture, your signature, permit or license #
Information on MC only: eye and hair color

heck, a pic is worth a thousand words (minus those blackened out):s0114:

chl.jpg

chl.jpg

Mine is some cut printer paper, what looks like walmart iron-on laminate, and a sticker I wrote my signature on when I applied for it, also doesn't fit in my wallet's card slot, have to put it in with my money. At least I'm always broke so if I'm getting it out it won't look like I'm trying to bribe the officer :p

Here's mine for Jackson County. It's hard plastic and exactly the same size and thickness as my D/L and Visa/Mastercards. Fits the wallet just fine. It's printed on hard plastic, not laminated.

ccccwcopy2.jpg

When I had a CCW in AZ, the damn thing didn't even have my photo on it.

Washington State doesn't have a photo either.

ETA: Every PDX metro resident should have a WA CPL. Clark County Sheriff's Office in downtown Vancouver will do it no questions asked. Well, at least they did 2 years ago when I got mine.

I wish WA would adopt this... The cheap paper that doesn't fit unless you crease it sucks.

I know! I can laminate it, and then punch a hole in it, and wear it on my neck like a friggin' backstage pass.

Every county is different. I do perfer Washington counties version which somebody already showed off here. Drivers license size and style is best and very rugged.

I think it comes down to money. Some counties have less and some have more. The ones with less give you an inconvient peace of paper that is easily ruined and hard to carry around with you. The richer counties give you a nice card with your picture on it.

You know what would be really cool!? If we didn't need to have one to carry at all. Wait a minute that can't happen because we aren't truely free in this country.... I forgot it is the illusion of a free country we live in now.

I remember getting mine in Yamhill County over 12 yrs ago. At that time, the Sheriff's office did not yet own a digital camera...so they would march you in to the jail booking room and take your ID photo using the same camera that they used for inmate mug shots. At least you didnt have to wear the orange jumpsuit/shiny bracelet combo, and you got to walk back out thru the unlocked door when they were finished.:p

I think each county has their own format. I've had a Multnomah County one and a Clackamas County one. The Multnomah County one is plastic like the Oregon driver's license, while the Clackamas County one is printed in color on paper and then laminated.

Information on both: name, address, DOB, height, weight, expiration, sheriff signature, picture, your signature, permit or license #
Information on MC only: eye and hair color

2nd this, and as said above wa. is just paper

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top