Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pointless question about CHL

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by sinco54, Oct 23, 2009.

1. sinco54

sinco54 Portland OR Member

So ive recently applied for my CHL and I was just curious what the card looked like itself.. Does it look like a drivers license? orrrrr.. just curious and excited to get somethin ive always wanted.. I feel like a 16 yearold at DMV that just passed the drive test!! lmao!!:laugh:

2. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

I don't know about Oregon, but here in Washington it's about a 3.5" by 5" piece of paper that you have to fold and still doesn't fit inside a wallet without creasing it. I think they need change the size, because I dont know about you guys, but I always keep it in the wallet.

3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

It looks like an ODL. Picture, name, address, reproduction protection items, etc...

4. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

I think each county has their own format. I've had a Multnomah County one and a Clackamas County one. The Multnomah County one is plastic like the Oregon driver's license, while the Clackamas County one is printed in color on paper and then laminated.

Information on both: name, address, DOB, height, weight, expiration, sheriff signature, picture, your signature, permit or license #
    Information on MC only: eye and hair color

5. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

heck, a pic is worth a thousand words (minus those blackened out):laugh:

chl.jpg

chl.jpg

6. sinco54

:thankyou:

7. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

Mine is some cut printer paper, what looks like walmart iron-on laminate, and a sticker I wrote my signature on when I applied for it, also doesn't fit in my wallet's card slot, have to put it in with my money. At least I'm always broke so if I'm getting it out it won't look like I'm trying to bribe the officer :p

8. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Here's mine for Jackson County. It's hard plastic and exactly the same size and thickness as my D/L and Visa/Mastercards. Fits the wallet just fine. It's printed on hard plastic, not laminated.

ccccwcopy2.jpg

9. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

Multnomah County looks just like the Jackson County one, except the lines are all black instead of red.

10. sinco54

wow thanks guys! im sure someone else surely wants to know what these look like! Im not the only one am i?? lmao

11. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Wow, I must be a little slow. I never realized that the counties each had their own CHL design.

12. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

When I had a CCW in AZ, the damn thing didn't even have my photo on it.

13. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

Washington State doesn't have a photo either.

ETA: Every PDX metro resident should have a WA CPL. Clark County Sheriff's Office in downtown Vancouver will do it no questions asked. Well, at least they did 2 years ago when I got mine.

14. Selftest

Selftest Bellingham, WA Member

I wish WA would adopt this... The cheap paper that doesn't fit unless you crease it sucks.

I know! I can laminate it, and then punch a hole in it, and wear it on my neck like a friggin' backstage pass.

15. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Every county is different. I do perfer Washington counties version which somebody already showed off here. Drivers license size and style is best and very rugged.

I think it comes down to money. Some counties have less and some have more. The ones with less give you an inconvient peace of paper that is easily ruined and hard to carry around with you. The richer counties give you a nice card with your picture on it.

You know what would be really cool!? If we didn't need to have one to carry at all. Wait a minute that can't happen because we aren't truely free in this country.... I forgot it is the illusion of a free country we live in now.

16. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

I remember getting mine in Yamhill County over 12 yrs ago. At that time, the Sheriff's office did not yet own a digital camera...so they would march you in to the jail booking room and take your ID photo using the same camera that they used for inmate mug shots. At least you didnt have to wear the orange jumpsuit/shiny bracelet combo, and you got to walk back out thru the unlocked door when they were finished.:p

17. skunkwhat

skunkwhat the dirty New Member

2nd this, and as said above wa. is just paper

18. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Was it really necessary for Jackson County to put "Grants Permission to"
    on the license? :rolleyes:

19. thelendog

thelendog Milwaukie Member

Here's the one you need:

20. ohsocountry1

ohsocountry1 clackamas oregon Member