JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently got an STI GP6-C (thank you dear). For me it appears to shoot low.
I have tried getting the target covered by the front sight and also having the target sit on top of the front sight.

The gun has an adjustable rear sight. If I wanted to raise the POI (from MY sight picture stand point) would I raise or lower the rear sight. My shotugn experience tells me to raise it BUT I've found that handguns and shotguns are two distinctly different things.
Who wudda thot...

Yes, I could do both and just see what happens but thought I'd ask the nice folks here and hopefully just do it right the first time.

Help?
Chuck

on a side note, there was a glock forum I used to read, this innocent little question came up, & was argued over for pages & pages. guys with 1,000's of post's were giving the wrong answer. I was amazed.

Here's the best way to visualize it:

Assume your pistol doesn't move (i.e. it's stationary, in a rest, whatever). You put the sights on the bullseye and you shoot low. So you need to align your sights with the bullet impact. Thus, in this case, you'd raise your rear sight (or lower your front).

I don't like the "moving the POI up" as it's counter intuitive. All you're trying to do is move the sights to align with the current impact.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top