JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Consider this. A willing woman to shelter ya for the night... broken or compromised water lines. Thereby you need the anti diarrhea meds... spare phone battery if your charger cable breaks, or is lost.. and also if power's out. These are more likely in an urban survival situation than in the wilderness. On the other hand, are ya really gonna trust anyone in an urban disaster situation?
This pocket kit idea seems more suited for EDC than for SHTF
But it is suitable for Preparedness

A get home bag with lightweight tarp and sleeping quilt or poncho liner, depending o weather, and plenty of ammo and comms for your weaponry would do one very well. Bonus points if the get home bag is built on any vintage hiking backpack system that looks cruddy and old, the better to blend in with the great unwashed homeless masses :rolleyes:

Bingo. This is what I was looking for. Yes, that's why I said I don't think the wilderness kit is practical for EDC in an urban environment. I think for daily life, condoms, a spare battery, meds are more practical. I keep some in the car as it is because I have to use it at least once a month. Spare battery for sure because my old iPhone once had the charging port just stop working. But a spare battery bypasses that...back in business. And a condom keeps you from ruining your life by having an unwanted child with a girl who is hot and willing but you don't want to be attached to for life and pay child support to. Albeit I lived dangerously in the last year, I need to get back on the safety train. Some sleepless nights worrying....:(

The point of the thread is that there are every day survival things that will likely serve you better for every day survival, i.e. not having kids you don't want because you had condoms reliably stored, not bubblegumting your pants because you had some really hot Thai food because you have anti diarrhea meds , and being able to keep your phone running when you are having to use it a lot to deal with getting home, looking things up, etc. than fish hooks fishing line along with a fire steel.

I learned my lesson regarding controlling my hormones decades ago, and I simply pass on the "random hookups" which, BTW, have not come my way for decades. Besides, any women my age or even a decade or two younger, are past childbearing age. No random hookups for me either way, whether presented or not. So no problem there.

It is much more likely I have problems due to something I ate than something I bonked - so yeah, imodium, wipes and a change of clothes go in the kit now. Don't laugh, give it a few decades and the realization that those stomach aches you had since your teens were due to lactose intolerance and it only gets worse as you get older.

Never had fishing gear in any of my survival gear. I won't have time to sit around fishing, I am not good at it anyway, I just need to make it home where I have fish fillets in the freezer. Ditto with trapping gear - maybe have that at home, but not carried with me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top