JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before people go this route they should research. I believe holster that you can fire the gun from are catagorized as AOWs by the ATF. You could get in legal trouble. Here is an interesting thread on the subject.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49909

Wallet Holsters & ATF Regulations

The Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) has decided that the Wallet Holsters which allow the gun to be fired while it is still in the holster, are now considered "Any Other Weapon" (AOW) The description of AOW is a device that is designed to not look like a firearm and yet fires a bullet. So the concept is that because it looks like a wallet and mugger may percieve it as a wallet as you are shooting him, the ATF thinks they should demand a tax on it. The tip up Berettas, the Seecamp, several other pistols, have holsters specifically designed for them.

Now if you obtain one, you have to take it to a Class II manufacturer who fills out the appropriate paperwork and registers the weapon/holster combination as an AOW. The next step is to get the signature of a local law enforcement officer (Chief of Police or Sheriff), then get fingerprinted and send the whole thing off to ATF, along with (2) photographs of yourself, and $ 5.00 to cover the tax that is due.

In a few months, they will send you a tax stamp that says you can own it. Now you go back to the Class II guy and pick it up. If you plan on carrying it on your person, make sure you have a copy of this documentation with you at all times. Each state has specific laws governing the ownership of these devices so you better check first to make sure you can legally own it before you plunk down your hard earned dollars.

The paperwork is larger and harder to conceal than the gun! If you cannot find a Class II manufacturer in your area, the only alternative is to "make your own" AOW. This will cost you a whopping $ 200.00 to obtain the tax stamp. You cannot take possession of the gun and holster combination until you have been approved and have your stamp.

If you really want one of these holsters, do your homework and check it out for yourselves. A Federal Criminal Charge is something most people can do without!!!!!!

Guide ID: 10000000001714210Guide created: 09/02/06 (updated 09/29/09)

http://reviews.ebay.com/Wallet-Holsters-amp-ATF-Regulations_W0QQugidZ10000000001714210

Before people go this route they should research. I believe holster that you can fire the gun from are catagorized as AOWs by the ATF. You could get in legal trouble. Here is an interesting thread on the subject.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49909

Wallet Holsters & ATF Regulations

The Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) has decided that the Wallet Holsters which allow the gun to be fired while it is still in the holster, are now considered "Any Other Weapon" (AOW) The description of AOW is a device that is designed to not look like a firearm and yet fires a bullet. So the concept is that because it looks like a wallet and mugger may percieve it as a wallet as you are shooting him, the ATF thinks they should demand a tax on it. The tip up Berettas, the Seecamp, several other pistols, have holsters specifically designed for them.

Now if you obtain one, you have to take it to a Class II manufacturer who fills out the appropriate paperwork and registers the weapon/holster combination as an AOW. The next step is to get the signature of a local law enforcement officer (Chief of Police or Sheriff), then get fingerprinted and send the whole thing off to ATF, along with (2) photographs of yourself, and $ 5.00 to cover the tax that is due.

In a few months, they will send you a tax stamp that says you can own it. Now you go back to the Class II guy and pick it up. If you plan on carrying it on your person, make sure you have a copy of this documentation with you at all times. Each state has specific laws governing the ownership of these devices so you better check first to make sure you can legally own it before you plunk down your hard earned dollars.

The paperwork is larger and harder to conceal than the gun! If you cannot find a Class II manufacturer in your area, the only alternative is to "make your own" AOW. This will cost you a whopping $ 200.00 to obtain the tax stamp. You cannot take possession of the gun and holster combination until you have been approved and have your stamp.

If you really want one of these holsters, do your homework and check it out for yourselves. A Federal Criminal Charge is something most people can do without!!!!!!

Guide ID: 10000000001714210Guide created: 09/02/06 (updated 09/29/09)

http://reviews.ebay.com/Wallet-Holsters-amp-ATF-Regulations_W0QQugidZ10000000001714210

Guys, I've googled my head off on this one. Above we have links to opinions from a forum and from ebay with no real links to BATF regulations.

The best I can find on the ATF site is that an AOW (in this sense) is something that can be fired as a weapon while concealed to NOT look like a weapon. That includes briefcase guns, penguin guns, cigarette lighter guns, belt buckle guns, walking cane guns, and what they call other novelty guns.

It does appear to include holsters which hide the fact that it's a gun but allow the gun to be fired from it. Some holsters no longer manufactured by Galco and others do in fact fit that description.

The holster I pictured doesn't hide the fact that it's a gun, imho. The real trigger, butt and full slide are visible. It's nothing like a cane or other novelty gun or like the previously manufactured Galco holsters.

I can't see where being able to fire the gun from the holster is the issue. The holster's ability to hide the fact that it's a gun while still being able to fire from the holster is the issue. I can think of LOTS of holsters with open bottoms including cowboy holsters I could fire the gun from. Some guys even have swivels on those holsters.

I don't know the true answer, but this holster, imho, doesn't hide that fact that it's a gun.

$.02

Here's something different. I wonder if it's comfortable? Looks like a cell phone carrier and is tuckable. Link

1.png

So does this mean my S&W 442 with Mica pocket holster is a Class II item? I am not allowed to use my pocket pistol or carry it? This is news to me. The whole point of concealment is that nobody knows you have it.. THis is a total oxymoron and seems like a way for gov't to taking away our rights for conceal carry. If all a criminal has to do is say his gun looked like a wallet, I guess we are all screwed.

I like to know if I am breaking the law by carrying a pocket pistol? THis is news to me.

OK, My friend who clued me in to this holster went to the trouble to get this letter some time ago. I put a copy in my safe. BTW, the mag can be swapped while the gun is in the holster.

P3W.jpg

JPEGPage1.jpg

JPEGPage2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads