JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im sure this has been discussed before but a search of the site didn't find anything relevant.

I'm getting married in a few weeks and discovered that my current carry setup won't work with a tuxedo. I've decided a pocket holster is probably the best solution but I don't have any experience with this product so I'm hoping for those that do could chime in. The pistol in question is a Sig P238 however any experience and input with pocket holsters regardless of the gun would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a DeSantis Nemisis for both my S&W 642 and Kahr PM9. I think it works better with the 642 than the PM9, but then I think the 642 works better as a pocket gun anyway (so maybe that's the difference). It doesn't always catch on the pocket with the PM9, so sometimes you end up pulling the holster also. Depends on what you're wearing. I've heard good things about Mika's Holster, but have never used one.

I'm sorry you need to carry during your wedding? WOW

I've had my permit since 1991 and packing as the groom at a wedding never occured to me.

By the way I have photographed weddings since 1984

Concur...the DeSantis Nemisis works best out of all the pocket holsters I've tried (and I've tried a bunch including some really expensive models). This holster works about 98.8% of the time either on the strong side or support side equally especially with larger pocket pants such as BDUs, 5.11, Dockers, Slacks etc. Personally when it comes to a tighter and smaller pocket like provided on a pair of Wrangler, Levi, Carhartts Jeans then the Kramer Horsehide is amazing and is superior in my opinion than the DeSantis in this specific application. The Kramer doesn't work as well as the smaller footprint tends to roll/turn inside the larger pockets found on BDUs, Slacks etc. YMMV.

I packed at my wedding and that was a long time ago and is was far less "socially and politically acceptable" then than it is now. Heck back then cops rarely carried off duty.

Mark,
There isn't a need to carry its just prersonal preference. I've had a WA permit for several years but since getting my OR permit I've been able to carry more often since I don't have to worry about disarming if I cross the state line. Because of this I carry nearly every day and now I feel naked without a pistol. So carrying at my own wedding is just a matter of comfort not need.

Thanks for the input about what holsters people have used and what is working for them. Please keep the comments coming.

Occasionally use the leather pocket holster made by Sig for the P238-and it's priced fairly well, IMO. I bought mine on the Sig web site but I'm told other venders also carry them.

I'd recommend a money clip for $$$ and cards and use a back pocket holster for the gun. That provides the best comfort for me and doesn't leave me with a huge lump on my thigh. It's all personal comfort though, you might have a huge butt and tiny legs... ;)

Nah... Other way around. End up wearing pretty baggy pants and shorts as a result.

Thanks for the help everyone. The fiancé ordered a McCabe as a wedding gift for me when she found out I was looking for a holster.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top