JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're pants aren't considered baggy, but you maligned everybody else's choice of dress for concealing a belt-holstered pistol as looking like dumpy old men.

Just leave it be as "To each his own, but pocket carry works for me."

Heh, it was meant more to be playful, but I suppose I can see why some might find it offensive.

I personally find pocket carry superior. I have to dress rather dumpy to work with IWB or OWB concealed carry that works in a variety of environments that I am likely to encounter during my day.

Agreed though, to each their own. As long as we have more good guys with guns, I'm happy.

I have pocket holster, but I much prefer this from JLS Leather. I did ask him to make a couple changes from his normal design and he was very accommodating.

161202_0002ces.jpg

What do you all think about the idea of carrying in your back pocket? I think this would be an ideal form of pocket carry since the gun would print as a wallet. If I did this, should I remove the gun before sitting down? I guess the question is, sitting on a cocked and locked p938 (in a wallet holster)- yea or nay?

What do you all think about the idea of carrying in your back pocket? I think this would be an ideal form of pocket carry since the gun would print as a wallet. If I did this, should I remove the gun before sitting down? I guess the question is, sitting on a cocked and locked p938 (in a wallet holster)- yea or nay?
My dad carries back pocket and loves it. I have tried it with a P238 and really found it uncomfortable - and weird to sit 'on' the gun.

I'm curious about the P938. I like the way it feels. How true to the operation of a 1911 is it?

Essentially its a re-do of the Colt Mustang but in 9mm instead of .380.

The main differences being the lack of a grip safety and the manual thumb safety on the P938 can be engaged with the hammer up or down - if you don't carry "cocked and locked" you can carry hot with hammer down but be mindful of safety as if you have the safety engaged with the hammer down you have to disengage it before you can cock the hammer back. On that note I will say the safety does have a positive click feel to indicate you have either engaged or disengaged the safety and it doesn't seem to move without purposely switching it.
Also, the 938 comes with an ambidextrous safety and night sights.

I agree, it's no range gun. I actually hate shooting it. That being said if I'm in a suit and tie, it's the only one I have that can be concealed.
With suit and tie, you might want to look at the Kangaroo Carry as an option for carrying larger handguns. I really like mine. It'll take a second to get to, but otherwise works great.

With suit and tie, you might want to look at the Kangaroo Carry as an option for carrying larger handguns. I really like mine. It'll take a second to get to, but otherwise works great.

I thought that was for babies but I just googled it, pretty cool holsters.

The problem I've had is that Browning style mag releases are too easily depressed leaving you with a single shot when the mag falls on the ground upon drawing the pistol, this is where Euro style mags releases shine IMO.

I have both a 238 and a 938. I can pocket carry the 238 in a pair of shorts no problem but I find the 938 is a bit big. My answer was to get both.:)

The problem I've had is that Browning style mag releases are too easily depressed leaving you with a single shot when the mag falls on the ground upon drawing the pistol, this is where Euro style mags releases shine IMO.

I have a Rohrbaugh 9mm. It's what I consider a pocket gun.
It is the size of a Ruger LCP. Holds six rounds. Has no slide lock or safety lever. And yes it has a heal mag release.

It also has double strike capability. And is made of stainless steel.
In other words it's perfect...……………………….. for six shots. :s0155:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews