JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry folks, baby sitting a 1.5 year old all day. Combination of leather and alligator skin. The grips have a scorpion laser carved in them. I'm a scorpio, LOL. I've been very satisfied with Winthrop holsters and their service also. The custom set ended up being $170 I think, I already had a regular IWB from Winthrop, but after adding the CT I needed a new holster, so I just went for it. Thanks for the compliments. Apologize, back to the thread.

Ok
Need to ask..... each one has its place but what do you think if The comfort level between their IWB and the OWB?

Curious, why you chose the OWB when they could make the same combo in a IWB model with the CT ?

Info would help in future orders with them. My Black OWB is to be here Tuesday.

Also got a apache ankle holster yesterday, so I can carry my EMP on my hip and have my BUG on my ankle.

Personally I find that my 938 conceals as well either way for me, but I'm more comfortable with OWB, (doesn't poke the fat as much for me) plus the draw and replace is easier. I also pocket carry in the pocket holster that came with the CT laser. Before I bought this Winthrop set I was using a $10.00 Gunmate cloth double mag carrier and it would hold 4 of the 7 round mags and with the mag in the gun plus one in the chamber gave me a count of 36 rounds. Probably over kill but it was still very comfortable. I was carrying the gun in a Winthrop OWB holster, no laser. I carry the gun at the 4:00 and the mags at the 8:00, most comfortable for me. I do have plans to order a custom IWB to match this set soon for the option. I do like your CT grips fxdc, I'd have them instead of the under the frame CT that I have to use.

Last Edited:
IWB for me, pocket is doable but that's a lot of metal in the pocket for my comfort. I like the 938 as a CCW but it's not a fun shooter. 50 rounds at the range and I'm ready to put it back in the bag.

Oh yeah- there's no decocker on it, so you have to decock it manually, like a revolver. I haven't shot very many 1911s, but I think that on some of them the safety also functions as a decocker.

Oh yeah- there's no decocker on it, so you have to decock it manually, like a revolver. I haven't shot very many 1911s, but I think that on some of them the safety also functions as a decocker.

You decock by pulling the trigger. If you don't want to discharge the weapon, I suggest you unload it - drop mag, rack slide, double-check chamber. Don't ever lower the hammer on a live round.

I don't primarily pocket carry, usually IWB for me, but when I do, I prefer my Kahr P380. I used to own a Kahr PM9 for that duty, but I could REALLY tell the difference, even though the PM9 is one of the smallest 9's out there.

My point is not against the Sig pistols on your list, but to say that the small 380 is significantly smaller than the small 9. You will be able to tell the difference!

On days you have to pocket carry, choose the 380. But you should consider belt-carrying a 9mm or above whenever possible.

By the way, if you are going to pocket carry in condition one (the only way to carry a single action, I'm my opinion), you should look at Alabama Holsters. Their pocket holster is amazing. Since it is kydex, it will mold around the safety in the engaged position. Or you could at least ask them to be sure the kydex does that.

I've pocked carry a Glock 27, Shield 9mm and currently primarily go around with a 3913... all guns people claim can't be pocket carried and rah rah rah.

I don't know what sort of diminutive build these people posses or Chinese manufactured belts you all are wearing... but I've had zero problems with any of these pocket carry. I suppose the only problem I've had is if I've got to jog or run and my belt/pants weren't as tight as would be ideal then they try and sag, the problem of course is exacerbated with more weight in your pants. OWB and IWB will have the same problem though, so... ? Unsure what the issue is.

Draw is obviously not as good as OWB or even a solid IWB, but the concealability in my experience is notably higher without having to dress like a dumpy old man with excessively baggy and long shirts, or wearing a jacket everywhere even if it gets hot, or sacrifice some all day comfort.

the concealability in my experience is notably higher without having to dress like a dumpy old man with excessively baggy and long shirts, or wearing a jacket everywhere even if it gets hot, or sacrifice some all day comfort.
Wow, I didn't realize I looked like a dumpy old man with excessively baggy shirts. Oh yeah, I don't, because I actually shop for a balance between effective concealment and hipness. I'm betting I'm not the only one who carries on my belt who doesn't look like a baggy homeless man.

Oh yeah, and I don't wear excessively baggy pants that allow for pocket-carrying a G27.

I owed a few P238s when they first came out, also had a old mustang, great pocket guns. Got out of .380acp so it was keltec PF9 and Sig P938 nightmare for me. The keltec with upgraded slrings and steel guide rod runs great accuracy becomes and issue, the P938 came with a plastic trigger and main spring housing which are being replaced with metal versions. And runs great its my second p938 first one was an Extreme model. There are extractor issues with this model being that they are brittle and shatter. My current P938 has a broken extractor but still runs flawlessly just wont cycle snapcaps when your being gentle. Im seriously considering the kimber solo because its striker fire. the kimber micro is the same as a P938 even the mags.

I've no info on Sigs, just a future wardrobe suggestion...

When you do decide to get new pants, get ones with an adjustable waistband. Done. A bunch of companies make them.

I've switched almost entirely over to 5.11 "stryke" pants for long pants.

Adjustable waist band allows IWB & OWB, and I don't have to change. The other features of those pants I find handy as well, especially the mag pockets. Perfect for a flashlight on one side & spare mag(s) on the other & still look "normal".

The cargo pockets have sleeves for AR mags which are perfectly sized for my phones & various other everyday pocket junk.

They might sell similar versions with the spare mag front pockets, but without the cargo pockets. Dunno though.

Oh yeah, and I don't wear excessively baggy pants that allow for pocket-carrying a G27.

Are levi 514 straight fit pants considered baggy these days? That's the primary style of pants I get, heh. I recognize with the advent of "tight pants" I'm surely out of style, but given I grew up in the time of JNCO's so perhaps my concept of what is and is not baggy is skewed :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top