JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a Kel Tec P3AT for just this. What I am wondering about is this: With a thin poly frame, would back pocket carry be safe for this gun? I weigh 220lbs, would sitting on this gun 4-5+ hrs a day eventually warp the frame?

But my vote would be yes. Beyond potential damage to the weapon I'd be really concerned about the overall functionality after putting that much stress on it.

I carry a P3AT every day and it functions beautifully when fired. I don't sit on mine though.

Lets face it. This is to protect you and possibly those that you care about. One must be certain it will function properly and I'm really afraid this would compromise it.

front pocket carry works well with many trousers for the KelTec and Ruger pocket guns.

also, you might look into an in waistband holster.. that thing is so small, it would almost disappear. More readily accessible, confortable, out of the way...... check out both a soft holster and a hard boned one. Hooks over your belt, drops down inside your britches. A little bit sticks up above the belt, but a flap of shirt, or a shirt tail, Pendleton, sweats, sport coat, Tee shirt tail, will easily cover these small guns.

I plan on getting an ankle holster, a pocket holster, and poss. a belly band for it. I am just looking into all my options due to the wide range of dress/activities that I will be doing while packing this little gem with me.

I've been carrying my Keltec P-32 for over 4 years in my back pocket every day! I've changed the oil in my truck laying on it, sit on it etc. it has never failed and everything moves fine. I'm pushing 250lbs. I don't see it being a problem. I do have it in a pocket holster...biggest problem is the jean lint/fuzz....have to clean it out every so often. I love it in the back pocket as I don't carry a wallet so it looks like a wallet....bad guys want my wallet, I'll go for my wallet but it's a wallet that has a sharp "BITE"!

This keltec has been in my pocket when I fell off my pier into the water (water was 2' above pier and going to take jetski out and mis-stepped). I abuse that little gun and it never fails!

The P3AT is basically the same size. I also have a Ruger LCP .380 which is same size as the P3AT and it fits my P-32 holster.

I've abused this gun and sit on it in the truck, everywhere and nothing is warped. I say go for it in your back pocket, but put it in a anti-print pocket holster and you're fine. granted my only experience is 4 years daily carry with it in my back pocket so that may not make me an expert.

Do you wear cargo pants or shorts??

I wear cargo pants for work, and when I get my concealed carry permit, I will get a P3at or the new Taurus 380, and it will ride in the side pocket.

Just a thought........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

i've never worn Cargo pants. I wear normal jeans and the P3AT will fit in the normal back pocket. Only the mexican gangsta's here wear the cargo pants, and they are usually ridin down past their @ss as they walk!

Do you wear cargo pants or shorts??

I wear cargo pants for work, and when I get my concealed carry permit, I will get a P3at or the new Taurus 380, and it will ride in the side pocket.

Just a thought........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
I am slowly converting to all cargo pants & shorts so I think that will be the usual way that I carry it. It's not that I have no better places to carry it, just keeping all my options for carry in mind;)

I don't wear cargo pants as that's not my style, but jean short, jeans etc i carry my keltec or ruger....perfect for pocket carry and don't worry about the weight... i'm a big ole boy and been sittin on it for 4 years and it's good and works! that's my experience and my .02 worth~

I carry a keltec p3at pretty much every day. i started out with it in my back pocket but i noticed when i downloaded it at the end of the night the magazine would not be fully seated. obvously when i sat on something i tripped the mag release. i switched to a belt clip that attaches to the frame and i carry in IWB. It has been a better position to carry from.

I must say, I tried it in the back pocket today, and found the SAME thing happening! Every time I checked it, the mag release had been hit, and the mag was lose :eek:
That'll never work!:p
That ever happen to you Tex?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top