Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pocket 9mm's whats the least expensive All metal

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by 1911, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 1911

1911 Salem, Oregon, United States New Member

Im looking for a all metal pocket 9mm. whats least expensive.

2. FullCaliber

FullCaliber Pierce County New Member

I suggest a .38sp revolver, if you're looking for relatively cheap + steel + compact. Most "pocket guns" are going to have a steel slide with a polymer/composite frame. This is done for light weight, which is a common need for carry guns. If your heart is set on a metal 9mm, look into a used S&W 9mm- something from the 39** or 94** or 9** series. Some one here has more info on them I am sure.

3. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

AMT made a little 9mm. All stainless steal. You can probably find one in the $350'ish range. How inexpensive are you looking for? I know AMT's don't have the greatest rep. but not ALL of their guns were unreliable. I've got the little 9mm and love it. I've also got the 38 Super, 40 and 45 pocket. If you are not ****-bent on 9mm those are just a couple other options.

4. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

I carry a S&W 3914 which is a single stack , steel slide, alloy frame pistol, 8+1 . To me this is the perfect size 9mm - there are smaller but to me not as controllable as the 3914. I truely love this pistol - I have worn most of blueing off the slide it has been carried so much. It has never failed to do its part. I like the long trigger pull of the S&W 3rd generation for self defense. Honestly it is not as accurate as my kimber but in comparison I do not have the same purpose for both. I reccommend the 3914 highly.

I will need to get it refinished this next year and I am looking for a tough dark finish for the gun - the blueing just doesnt seem to work - I like the Kimpro finish but need something much tougher. Any ideas?

James Ruby

5. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

Star Firestar if you can deal with the weight of a steel gun. I love mine and saw one for sale on here recently.

6. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Detonics made a pocket 9mm...
    Are you sure you want an old, heavy gun for pocket carry?
    Kinda removes most of the comfort of carrying a new type lightweight .380/9mm pocket guns

7. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

thats funny that guy mentioned 3914 .i just sold a smith 3913 in great condition for 400 dollars.stainless .single /double and singlestack great gun

8. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

hi point 9mm 130$ used,

i bought one for 90 (which is about what it is worth)

9. 1911

I really like the Detonics Pocket 9 Pistol, if i could only find one for a good price..

Weight is not an issue. I'm not a fan of nylon/plastics and I'm a big guy.

10. 1911

that high point is interesting ill have to look more into it.

11. FullCaliber

FullCaliber Pierce County New Member

Hi-Point? If you think you will EVER need to protect your life (or a loved ones) with a gun, please save up more cash and buy something real. A Hi-Point is a gangsta weapon, built quickly without quality, to be used in a homicide and thrown in a lake. Not that I know first hand but... you know.

12. 1911

The browning was a gangster wepon. lol

watch the high point ultamate test on you tube. they abuse one till it exsplodes. may need more fit & finish but it looks reliable.

i really like the Detonics Pocket 9. prob REALLY HARD TO FIND

13. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

A hi-point is okay for what it is: An inexpensive pistol that goes bang and is decently accurate.

Things it is not: Small, light, pretty, or suitable for pocket carry.

Unless you have extremely large pockets, the thing isn't going to fit. And good luck finding a pocket holster for it. I have zero beef with hi-point (owned both the 9mm and .380). But don't fool yourself into thinking that a hi-point is acceptable for carry. It just isn't. Especially with that god-awful safety.

14. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

See if you can find a Star BM or BKM,nice little guns with ergonomics similar to a 1911.
    RK

15. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

The AMT "Backup" is a good little pocket pistol!

16. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

another vote for the firestar, they are great little guns, but a lot of weight. the hi point will do what it needs to do, but bulky and heavy.

17. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

There is a guy on Gunbroker selling 5904's, 915's and others at around $250.00.

18. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

A 915 might work good for a big guy. Not too heavy with aircraft aluminum frame and steel slide.

19. BBDartCA

BBDartCA PNW Member

Hi-Point should use that for their marketing slogan.

20. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

hi point is a joke