JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How will you adapt your EDC limited to 10 round magazines?

• Keep carrying a full size pistol and standard magazines

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Full size pistol with neutered 10 round magazines

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Double stack with shortened grip (G26, PPQ SC, SR9C, Original M&P 9c)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Smaller pistol built to hold 10 rounds (KelTec P-11, SCCY, Sig P365, CZ Rami)

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Stack and a half with a three finger grip (G43X or G48)

• Single stack with less than 10 rounds (1911, Kahr CT9, Bersa BP9, Sig P239, Ruger LC9s, Shield, XD)

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • A full size pistol with a larger round (40S&W, 357Sig, 45acp or 10mm)

• Other, comment below

Votes: 13 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
251843c6d5966cecb7d922a611dc8159.jpg

Not a magazine and it doesn't cover belt fed!!! I CAN SKIRT THINGS TOO!!

I'll carry the same thing , I've been carrying for years...
My Colt Series '70 in .45acp...its the best choice , for me.

While not a pistol magazine , but somewhat related....
I would be careful of the term "Standard Magazine"...at least in regards to the AR15 series of rifles.
In my Gun Digest and Shooters Bible catalogs from 1969-1978 the Colt AR15 is listed as coming from the factory with
a 5 round magazine.
One might be able to argue that 5 rounds is standard...

Please note that I am not in favor of bans or restrictions of any kind in regards to the kinds of firearms or accessories that one can own.
Andy

In our Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties I will carry on as normal.

SAPO-Banner-1-678x381.jpg

In summer I normally carry a small single stack 9mm, so no change there.

For anti-Second Amendment Counties (Multnomah, King, Spokane, etc.), those new Glock 43X and 48 ten round pistols look promising.

Pocket 9 and wheelgun carriers, this poll is not for you since already have less than ten rounds on board.

Since I already have pistols that hold 10 or less for carry still the same. 1911 most, and carry 10. Have an OLD Kel-Tec 9mm and had some 12 round mags I gave away, they did not work, so it's good. Only thing I will really miss is for my PCC's. Have a pile of Glock G17 and G18 mags. Guess I would neuter the G17 mags rather than buy new. The G-18 I would sadly let them go rather than screw with them. It would be a bummer to only have 10's in these. Sadly I have been saying this for years. Gun owners by a large margin support more gun laws. Even on this site you see it all the time. Gun owners who make all kinds of excuses for voting for more "gun control". So I have resigned myself to it. Don't like it, will never vote for it, but I am outnumbered. So I have to live with it.
When they outlaw the auto's here I will get me some lever's. Be next best thing. Again gun owners by a large margin are all in on losing the rights they have so will just have to deal with it.

Last Edited:
Shouldn't the title read: "How would you adapt your EDC to a possible future limit of 10 round magazines?"

Did I miss something, and the magazine limit is already decided, or is this in the vein of giving up and moving to Idaho before the fight has even begun?

i trully believe that a magazine restriction
puts law abiding citizens lives MORE AT RISK. criminals WILL have large magazines while we'll be stuck with 5 or 10 rounds.

look at the guy in AZ who shot 4 home intruders. if there was a 5 round mag law there and he missed twice, he may be the one being buried.

I have recently purchased 10 rd mags for most of my pistols.

The motivation was this eventuality and the fact that I plan to travel thru states that already have ten rd mag laws.

If I am limited to those mags at some future date, I will have the 10 rd. mag, but I will opt for a more powerful cartridge - e.g., 40 S&W instead of 9mm.

I am not worried about what is in my home as our Police Chief and Sheriff are strong Second Amendment supporters, but when I occasionally have to drive through liberal counties and I don't want a traffic stop to screw up my life because of what I usually carry in those urban areas (33 to 38 rounds on body).

I don't believe anything at all will change in my new locale in NE Baker Co. I will continue to carry the G32 with a happy stick of 22 rds concealed under my vest. bubblegums different round here......:D

I have my Taurus PT 24/7 45acp with 12 round mags, I can get a kit to modify them to 10 round mags. I don't carry it during the spring and summer any more. it is not easily concealed without a heavier jacket or Coat.

Ive been shifting from 9mm to 45acp anyway...

I swapped the Glock 19 for the Glock 30 for EDC. Especially since the WA bill grandfathers my mags, but is vague enough to be interpreted as to not allow them for CCW...

If it passes that is.......... but then there is the AWB too........... taking it from all sides here. Get active, Get loud. May not have another shot after this legislative session.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top