Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

PMR 30s

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by parsons_12b, Dec 5, 2014.

1. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Wanting to hear reviews from guys who are shooting thier PMR 30.

2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Not my pic, but this basically sums up the PMR 30
    sOWTuCJ.jpg

It shoots fireballs!

Its a fun gun. Its a keltec so mostly plastic and light but does not feel flimsy. Easy to take down and maintain. Despite what I've read the magazine is easy to load but takes some time especially with 30 rounds. Its finicky with ammo but I've not had any problems.

3. blackgunsdan

blackgunsdan Clackamas, OR Active Member

I have had a PMR30 for a couple of years, it's a great shooter, you must take the time to load the mags correctly, but other than that it has run flawless. Very lightweight loaded, ideal backpack pistol.

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

I have been trying to trade for one for a long time, so folks must want to hang on to them ??

5. bolus

6. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I really wanted one, but with the price of .22mag at the same with 9mm, it is just not worth it for me. I can reload my .357 or .40 for the same price I would be able to shoot that guy. Cool, fun gun, but for a price minded guy like me, it is not going to happen for a long time.

7. guitarguy

guitarguy Longview, WA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

The one I had felt like a water pistol; really light and flimsy and was very finicky about ammo.
    Still, at the suggested retail of $359 I would buy another one. I just would not pay $500+.
    On a side note, Tanfoglio is selling a 22 mag BullPup rifle. Check budsgunshop.com.

NOTE. Mine was the old model with the fluted barrel. The new non fluted model is supposed to have cured the feeding problem.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  8. bolus

Bumping this one back up. Took the pmr 30 out last weekend. ran 5 full mags through it without a hiccup. Even dumped a mag as fast as I could. Fun little gun. I renamed it "The Hollywood" since it never runs out of ammo.

AngryRedTicTac likes this.
  9. AngryRedTicTac

AngryRedTicTac Vancouver, WA Active Member

I loved shooting my friends, I could never load it right but with stuff he loaded for me, it was happy! :) Super accurate, and it was indeed fun to do crazy mag dumps, even if your finger started getting sore after a few...

I've turned to 22TCM myself, even bigger fireball and ludicrously loud. Good stuff, just wish it held more than 17. That said, at least it keeps the ammo bill down slightly since I have to pause to switch mags.

10. Ksayeg

Ksayeg Bend, OR Member

Much to my surprise, the PMR has a phenomenal trigger.

11. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Shot a bunch. Always tempting to buy. Freaking loud, with huge muzzle flash with rifle ammo. Critical duty 22wmr is the best for it. I've had way too many opportunities to buy them at retail stores, always passed on them. Something along the reasoning behind why I sold the Saiga 12 I owned. Great gun... No real use other than SHTF or investment sake. Sure, maybe a range gun, but with ammo hard to find and at similar pricing to 9mm, I'll pass.

Who knows, maybe I'll be weaker the next time I see one on the shelf and pick it up. Then throw it in the car with a few extra mags, in case that one day comes.

12. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Been trying to trade for one for a long time. People don't like letting them go.:)

13. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I broke down and got one looking for one since they were introduced. haven't shot it yet.