JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gidday......Have a PMR 30.....yesterday shot about 300 rounds through it....for those who are familiar with this gun....to start the cleaning process...I pushed the pin out,(centre of the gun) from the right side.........only to find that it was in half,split in the middle...ie in two(2) pieces............I didnt drop,smash bang,mistreat this pistol in anyway.

I have emailed kaltec and explained the issue,and are aware that it has a lifetime warranty ,and hopefully they wil send me another part(pin).............has anybody else had issues with this particular situation??......thanks in advance

kia kaha kiwi

the best results I ve had with ammo ..is Federal 50grain.......anything less than 40 gr,will give you issues......but Kaltec does inform the user of reccommended types of ammo....they are very specific about how to use this pistol......................I have know issues with that side of things......I have close to a dozen Handguns,and treat them well.........the "Pin" issue concerns me......my thoughts are that it is a recoil issue putiing stress on this piece...Im not a gun expert of any kind,so anyone who is ,please feeel free to post

Sounds like a heat treating problem when prepping the metal in the pin. I would guess its an isolated incident. They will fix it quickly and get it back to you or provide you with a new part. I have heard that their customer service is top drawer. I have not had any issues with any of my kel-tecs so far.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, because of a new parts rule we cannot just send you the parts, but if you send back the old assembly pin with a note, or what you have left of it, we can exchange it. We'd like to determine the problem. If you do not wish to wait for the old one to be exchanged, you may purchase a new one from us. It's a pretty easy install and will save you the 8 week service time, but if you aren't comfortable doing this or it doesn't help, feel free to return your firearm for service.

Ericka

1-800-515-9983

Kel Tec CNC

Physical Address: KT Service Dept. 1475 Cox Rd, Cocoa FL 32926--firearm repair

Mailing Address: PO Box 236009, Cocoa FL 32923--returning accessories

Turns out the above email that I recieved from KalTec...is incorrect.............I talked to someone else at KT....who informed me that on the older gun 'Pins" they have indeed experienced problems with the thinner pins breaking.......and that they now have a much stronger pin and have experienced no issues at all.........on the PMR 30, they told me that the "new-parts" rule does not apply to these pistols,so they are sending a replacement part today......along with a couple of extra buffers...........pays to follow up an email with a call....hope this helps

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top