JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dear fellow NWFA members:
After seeing folks go nuts for magazines and other firearm related things.. and after seeing those horrible gouging esque folks who are taking advantage of the current panic..

I've decided I'm going to bury a 30 round windowless Pmag and standard USGI magazine which isn't much so there will be a few other fun things
(Knife/Knives, AK-AR-G3 related items and other various firearm and prepping related items; like a geocache) here soon for some lucky person who will find/locate it at a later date. I'm going to post the details on Youtube as well as:
(and this might be a possibility) Outdoorstrader.

Haven't decided when yet or how I'm going to set this up, Not sure if I'm just going to give them away or if there could be some kind of way to set up a paypal account and charge $5 for the directions/coordinates, clues..etc but ALL of what would be collected would be divided and donated to NWFA, OFF and perhaps a couple others if there is actually that much interest. Still on the fence about that part.

Think of it as a pro-gun scavenger hunt. Open to ideas as well, but any negative folks out there keep it to yourselves. At least I'm not trying to charge (or even keep) $40+ per mag like some of the low lifes we've seen as of late.
:s0155:
ZA_Survivalist

Might be fun if its free, even if you don't charge for this though I start looking at my odds, cost of gas, how many people I am up against with such a wide distribution of this, and start thinking maybe not. 2 mags and maybe a knife I would be interested in maybe something else, it all depends on what is cached I guess but it has to be worth it for what ever odds I am against. Even if it was free it costs gas and time which are not free.

If I am up against 30 people and it costs me half a tank of gas I'm thinking hay it maybe fun and my odds maybe are acceptable, depending on whats hidden.
If I am up against 250 people and have to use half a tank of gas and maybe an extra $5 to boot I look at all the $25 GI mags in the classified section and say that's a better use of my money.

Then again that's just me I don't play the lottery either.

I agree with pyro on this. It's a great idea ZA and would be fun for sure. But for all the resources poured in it would have to be a real treasure, maybe a stripped lower.

A+ for creativity though:s0155:

ZA maybe try to get some other people to donate things? I duno, its a good idea it just has to be worth it to some of us, and if proceeds are going to this NWF and OFF I bet you could get some donation from people. Not putting the idea down at all it just has to really be worth it to me.

I have a GI mag, a MOE grip and some other goodies to kick in. PM me your info, and I'll send a box of stuff. Might not be able to make it based on location, but this is an awesome idea, especially if entry fees go to NWFA or another local organization. Perhaps the winner could post pictures?

I have a GI mag, a MOE grip and some other goodies to kick in. PM me your info, and I'll send a box of stuff. Might not be able to make it based on location, but this is an awesome idea, especially if entry fees go to NWFA or another local organization. Perhaps the winner could post pictures?

If this becomes an official sponsored event I have a box of heters 62gr hp .223 to donate to the cause. Its not much, but if proceeds go to this site and other causes I am for, I'm down to help. I hesitate until the names are officially tied to it though, I want to know for sure where my money is going I'm not a fan of outdoor trader for example.

Thank you for all the support and ideas!
What would make it worth it forsome would be a larger cashe, but I need to look at other events set up like this.
I may exclude the whole posting on out doors trader because it has slowly become shady. I've had two instances which I avoided due to the extremely odd nature of the persons emailing me from ODT.
If this is just an NWF event I could see the containment and control of the event going a lot smoother than if a bunch of yahoos from all over were involved.

What I'd probably set up and gather would be a decent date for all and do a mass text/email all at the same time so everyone gets the proper information fair and evenly. Thats how the last scavenger hunt I participated in went.

You all do have a good point about travel time and expenses versus the prize at hand so I'll have to somehow get a general census of the main areas we're loosely based around and perhaps place the cache on theoutskirts of that area (you are going to actually hunt for it, it's not going to just be a cake walk though)

I don't know if actually burying the loot is the best idea, but a scavenger hunt with one definable winner sounds like a lot of fun for people to participate in.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top