Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

PM 40 concerns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Levi, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Levi

Levi Portland Oregon Member

I just bought a kahr pm 40. I was hoping somebody else on here has one and mayby they can ease my mind a bit. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and most likely won't have any time for a few weeks. When I pull the slide back and let it go foreward with my hand on the slide at the very end of the stroke it seems to have a slight bump. If I cycle the slide and let it go as I were to put a round in the chamber I don't notice it. Is this "bump" normal for these guns?
    Thanks

2. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

I have a PF9 that has a similar bump just before going into battery when letting the slide forward slowly, but no issues in actual use. I have felt this on LC9's as well, but I haven't handled many of the Kahr's. I would take it out shooting before passing any judgement.

3. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

On the Glock and Colt that bump is when the barrel moves into it's locking recess