JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just spoke with Plumb Creek Timber Company, because I wanted to go shooting on their property along the Siletz River in the Suislaw National Forest in Oregon. However, they informed me that they do NOT allow shooting on their property due to problems that they have had in the past with other individuals. Please be respectful about where you shoot, and leave your shooting area cleaner than you found it. Also, make sure that you have a good backstop. This BS is exactly the reason that gun owners get a bad rap. /Rant.

Yes true, I found this out many years ago, when I was trying to get permission to hunt on thier land.

A few bad gun owners will ruin it for all.

My neighbor has a small logging operation, he is a big time hunter, but some bad gun owners have shot up his equipment on a few occasions costing him big $$$$. Only him and a few of his long time friends are allowed to hunt and no one is allowed to shot on his property.

That's the same old story that gets gates locked everywhere. That's why I will not go shoot on public land anymore, I just pony up some dough & get to shoot rain or shine at the gun club. I'm getting too old to be The Sheriff of the pit.

That's the same old story that gets gates locked everywhere. That's why I will not go shoot on public land anymore, I just pony up some dough & get to shoot rain or shine at the gun club. I'm getting too old to be The Sheriff of the pit.

I hear you. Although I have been invited several times to "join" couple of public ranges I always respectfully decline. I don't like being treated like I'm 12 years old. Besides, being in the woods, usually alone with my wife and my guns to me is freedom. She packs up a lunch while I load up the truck with our shooting stuff and we make a day of it. Especially this time of year. We always leave our shooting place cleaner than we found it.

Plumb Creek Timber Company, Has a no trespassing policy in places on the Southern Coast of Oregon.
Silver Hand

Really? The guy that I spoke with said that there's no trespassing during the week while they're logging, but the weekend is open to the public.

I hear you. Although I have been invited several times to "join" couple of public ranges I always respectfully decline. I don't like being treated like I'm 12 years old. Besides, being in the woods, usually alone with my wife and my guns to me is freedom. She packs up a lunch while I load up the truck with our shooting stuff and we make a day of it. Especially this time of year. We always leave our shooting place cleaner than we found it.

Not too many paces I know of like that here in WA... but good for you guys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top