Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Plum Crazy lower owners what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by cityrice, Aug 25, 2011.

1. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

After having mine for a lil over a year now and had several uppers on it, and a couple of thousands rds downrange not bad for a composite lower.

Likes: Trigger is nice and crisp. Fits great on alot of uppers.:thumbup:

Dislikes:
    Takedown pins are composite and so are the detents, they become weak after time and
    will cause upper to shift. Also a couple of times when pulling the detents to seperate the upper for cleaning the takedown pins would come out and detent and spring flying :( replaced pins and detent with steel fixed this.

Have one? What are your thoughts and experiences?:confused:

2. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

I've thought about one for a light weight kiss build. I've read about FCG problems and take down pin problems. If I ran across one at the right price I would take a chance.

How much lighter do you think it is?

3. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

4. gcban

gcban Tukwila, WA Active Member

Have 2 of them and love em! I do agree about the takedown pin spring and detent issue.

My son and I have put about 2000+ rounds thru each one with 4 different uppers. Never any issues shooting a .223/5.56, 5.45, 7.62 and .22LR uppers. All the uppers fit perfectly all lock in with no slop. Cant beat the price! - G