Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

plinking in portland?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by hevymetlhed1982, Feb 13, 2010.

1. hevymetlhed1982

hevymetlhed1982 portland New Member 2016 Volunteer

does anyone know somewhere to go plinking within 30 minutes or so of portland area?

2. akimbog18

akimbog18 tualatin New Member

estacada, bout 45 mins from portland

3. warnerwh

warnerwh Portland, OR Member

If you're on the west side going west may be your best bet.

4. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

I used to drive up to the Timber area on the West side toward the coast. Lots of logging roads back up there with hillside backstops to shoot into.
    But its kind of a long haul back there.

5. jkraig

jkraig West Linn, Oregon New Member

I hear there are some areas in Colton near Molalla, but i haven't been there. I am looking for something close as well. I have heard about Estacada, but here it's getting to be as dangerous as Brown's camp. Not the safest shooters up there.

6. snew

snew Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I heard you should go to Washington.

7. Studio BK

Studio BK Tualatin, OR Active Member

I'm curious about this as well. I just purchased my first handgun and need to find somewhere convenient to go plinking. Brown's Camp is just way to far out there to be convenient.

8. Studio BK

Sorry for the double post <noob>

I'm curious about this as well. I just purchased my first handgun and need to find somewhere convenient to go plinking. Brown's Camp is just way to far out there to be convenient. Estacada isn't too far, but where at? Is there a specific location that shooters go? Thanks for any answers!

9. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

I used to go to Lower Wolf Creek Trail, west up H-26.

Though, if I was in the area still I would join the Tri-County Gun club, if it is still open.

M

10. akimbog18

for anyone who says estacada isnt safe is either just plain stupid themselves or dont have common sense to find a secluded area.. i never shoot with anyone i dont know up there for i dont trust them. i go up two three times a week for years, never had a problem.. i live in tualitan and still the estacada drive was getting to me so i found a closer spot out by mcminville takes me about 50 mins to get to my spot and start shooting.. not bad. if anyone is interested on area im talking about ill send ya info

11. akimbog18

tri county is still open, they public skeet shoot monday wenesdays and sundays i think.. membership cost around 175 for first time 120 after that

12. Studio BK

I'm interested in knowing a good location in both Estacada and McMinville. Thanks! :thumbup:

13. wawaverider

wawaverider PDX, OR Member

I used to live in NE PDX in the hood, seemed like alot of plinking was going on there.

14. Studio BK

Lol yeah the exact reason why I got a firearm lol. :paranoid:

15. Omniloki

Omniloki Sherwood, OR New Member

Live in Sherwood and I am interested in finding out where you are going to shoot out in McMinnville. Trying to find a place I can take my son and start teaching him to shoot.

16. stevefiller

stevefiller Anacortes New Member

I'd love that info - if it's still relevant. I'm moving down to Tualatin later this month....

17. jojobinks

jojobinks Gresham OR New Member

Any specific locations? I live in Gresham and hear "Estacada" a ton but never where. I heard off wildcat mt drive but I also heard that place has no shooting signs. I want to take my young son so I want to follow the law. :)

18. Omniloki

Omniloki Sherwood, OR New Member

If you have a place near McMinville I would love to get directions. Currently I go to Salmonberry or North Wolf CreeK. Son is now in school all day and its hard to get all the way out there from Sherwood. Its a bit of a long trip out 26.