JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to drive up to the Timber area on the West side toward the coast. Lots of logging roads back up there with hillside backstops to shoot into.
But its kind of a long haul back there.

I hear there are some areas in Colton near Molalla, but i haven't been there. I am looking for something close as well. I have heard about Estacada, but here it's getting to be as dangerous as Brown's camp. Not the safest shooters up there.

does anyone know somewhere to go plinking within 30 minutes or so of portland area?

Sorry for the double post <noob>

I'm curious about this as well. I just purchased my first handgun and need to find somewhere convenient to go plinking. Brown's Camp is just way to far out there to be convenient. Estacada isn't too far, but where at? Is there a specific location that shooters go? Thanks for any answers!

for anyone who says estacada isnt safe is either just plain stupid themselves or dont have common sense to find a secluded area.. i never shoot with anyone i dont know up there for i dont trust them. i go up two three times a week for years, never had a problem.. i live in tualitan and still the estacada drive was getting to me so i found a closer spot out by mcminville takes me about 50 mins to get to my spot and start shooting.. not bad. if anyone is interested on area im talking about ill send ya info

for anyone who says estacada isnt safe is either just plain stupid themselves or dont have common sense to find a secluded area.. i never shoot with anyone i dont know up there for i dont trust them. i go up two three times a week for years, never had a problem.. i live in tualitan and still the estacada drive was getting to me so i found a closer spot out by mcminville takes me about 50 mins to get to my spot and start shooting.. not bad. if anyone is interested on area im talking about ill send ya info

I'm interested in knowing a good location in both Estacada and McMinville. Thanks! :s0155:

Any specific locations? I live in Gresham and hear "Estacada" a ton but never where. I heard off wildcat mt drive but I also heard that place has no shooting signs. I want to take my young son so I want to follow the law. :)

If you have a place near McMinville I would love to get directions. Currently I go to Salmonberry or North Wolf CreeK. Son is now in school all day and its hard to get all the way out there from Sherwood. Its a bit of a long trip out 26.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top