JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchased a new MP15-22 and was looking at getting a couple of the PT 35 round mags since they make them in the tan (FDE) color to match my rifle.
I believe it was Cabela's that had 11) 5-star reviews and 10) 1-star reviews. Midways reviews were pretty mixed.
People either loved them or said they were crap.
I searched here and haven't seen any new comments on them.
Anyone have any input on their reliability/usability and have they done anything to make them better?
I really like the idea of the extra 10 rounds, but not if they don't work...

Thank You!

I have one it works just fine. They are pretty big and a bit on the heavy side good thing the rifle itself is light. Its a pain to load I didnt get the loader helper thing might be worth the extra money.

Interesting question. I almost bought one myself, but read some pretty negative reviews. Hopefully there will be a little more feedback on them from the members here, it would be nice to know if anyone has had problems.

haven't tried anything other than the factory mags. Loading would be my concern as .22lr is much harder to load than 5.56 or 7.62 into magazines without a loading assist like the factory 25rd mags come with.

Another nice accessory you might look into for your 15-22 is an upgraded charging handle.

plinker tactical and NDZ Performance both make aluminum charging handles for the 15-22 to replace the flimsy composite charging handle that comes on them.

I got mine from ndzperformance and got the tactical charging handle latch as well to help access the charging handle with a scope on top of the rifle.

20140213_113430_zpsb4465f11.jpg
20140213_113335_zps444cdaef.jpg

I then later upgraded my optics mount to move the scope forward more without having the scope mount on the flimsy floating rail (when using a bi-pod it will throw you off zero easily.)

It has crossed my mind already to change barrel nuts to the barrel nut adapter that allows mounting of an AR15 floating rail/handguard on the 15-22.

I think those mag would do alright if someone would come up with a decent speed loader for these things.

the 10/22's have all kinds of choices for speed loaders, and all we have for the 15-22 so far is one that requires the use of the mag load assist lever which is more of just a fancy pants "clip" that attaches to the top of the mag. Not much of a speed loader in my book especially if it can't be used with the drum mags and the 35rd mags.

I found them a pain to load compared to factory mags. I dont use the one I have. I also got a black dog drum but have not even tried it yet.

Those Black Dog drums looked intriguing, but kinda pricey. For anyone who's interested, those drums are on clearance right now at Midway for $51.xx. That's $20+ cheaper than I've seen them elsewhere...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top