Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Please vote......

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rdb241, Sep 2, 2009.

1. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

2. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

Landslide???

97% to 2% and 1% undecided is not a landslide. that is a straight A** kicking.

3. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

I kept refreshing the page and it looks like there's about 2 votes every second, and with that percentage they must all be 'Yes' votes!

4. fred c. dobbs

fred c. dobbs salem Active Member

The 2% are government workers, Obama supporters , Corrupt Banksters.

The 1% are those who can't read.

5. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

Hate to say it, but this poll has been running, for reasons unknown, for more than 3 years now. I'm guessing that USA TODAY has long since forgotten that it's still posted online, given its age and the fact that nothing has ever come of it.

6. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

Wow, I definitely didn't catch that. Good eye

7. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

Yeah, Nothing happened most likely because they didn't like the way it was turning out.

8. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

I second this statement! :)

9. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Your are right, I voted in that one a long time ago and they never published the results because they did not like them. The same thing has happend with other main stream media who ran gun control/rights polls, they never reported on the results that were overwhelmingly in favor of gun rights.

10. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

At the time of this poll's original posting, when the voting was around 25,000 or so, a glitch in the software dropped a few thousand votes, IIRC. Some of us who had been watching the voting to that point began speculating on what had happened, why the votes were dropped, the political leanings of the media, etc. and ad nausem. I finally grew tired of all the speculation and sent an email to the editor of the newspaper, receiving a reply within a few hours. He indicated that a glitch caused by a power interruption was responsible for the flaw, and he apologized for it. At that point, I think, USA TODAY lost interest in the poll but neglected to delete it; sadly, it's been haunting cyberspace ever since.

11. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

It merely asks if the second amendment contains the right to bare arms, not whether you agree with it. It seems more like a citizenship question and not a political opinion. But yes, it's from 2007.

12. Warthog

Warthog Turner, OR Active Member

Its gone now, the sudden new hits on the link may have caught someone attention. It's not there now.

13. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

I'm liking the results