JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
he is not trying to make any body follow HIS Rules.He would like them to follow the law.

Well the law doesn't say that they have to ship him the gun.

It just sounds like someone is sore because they couldn't get a gun.

Also I would like to know what this "secret" is, my guess that his ingenious idea is to just not tell them what is in the package :s0114: ....or to have an ffl mail it via USPS for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerace
he is not trying to make any body follow HIS Rules.He would like them to follow the law.
----------------------------------
The seller decides if and how they will ship it.

=====================================

Of course the Seller has the right to decide but in most case's from my experiences HERE Seller's don't know about choice's!.

And knowing the legal guidelines how a NON-LISCENSEE [private person] can legally ship a firearms saves a private person tons of money.

In this scenario it is true a 'fool and his money are soon parted'....

You can't convince others they must follow YOUR rules. Why the belly aching?

========================

The only convincing intent here was to provide the SELLER with 'correct' information about shpping a firearm. Whether he choose's to sell to me or not is another matter!

He had ample opportunity to sell his firearm on this site, with the correct information he now has a LARGER market place; instead of a hundred hit's here he now has an audience where a 1,000 hits might happen....

The information provided, WORKS to his advantage...NOW IF HE WANT'S HE CAN TELL ME TO GO POUND SAND....

FTF in state is within in the law.

Private party transfers accross state lines are illegal unless an FFL is involved on the buyers end. A firearm must be shipped to an FFL holder of the buyers state.

I have sold a handgun out of state to a private party and I won't do it again. I had to ship it UPS next day air to his FFL in order to stay within the law. The cost to me was rediculous and as I said because of this I won't be doing it again ever.

Nope for me it's FTF in state, no shipping, and preferably to a CHL/CPL holder. That's just my personal policy and if you don't like it sorry...

Straight from the USPS website. http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm#ep308518

Unloaded Handgun

Handguns — e.g., pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person — are nonmailable UNLESS mailed by a licensed manufacturer of firearms, or a licensed dealer of firearms, or an authorized agent of the federal government or government of a state, territory, or district, and ONLY when addressed to a person in one of the following categories for use in the person's official duties AND upon filing the required affidavit or certificate, as applicable (see DMM 601.11.1.3–7):

1. Addressee: Officer of Army, Coast Guard, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, or Organized Reserve Corps.
Affidavit or Certificate Requirements: Mailable with affidavit signed by addressee and certificate signed by the commanding officer.
2. Addressee: Officer of National Guard or militia of a state, territory, or district.
Affidavit or Certificate Requirements: Mailable with affidavit signed by addressee and certificate signed by the commanding officer.
3. Addressee: Officer of the federal government or a state, district, or territory whose official duty is to serve warrants of arrest or commitment.
Affidavit or Certificate Requirements: Mailable with affidavit signed by addressee and certificate signed by the head of the agency employing the addressee.
4. Addressee: Postal Service employees specifically authorized by the Chief Postal Inspector.
Affidavit or Certificate Requirements: Mailable with affidavit signed by addressee and certificate signed by the head of the agency employing the addressee.
5. Addressee: Officer or employee of a U.S. enforcement agency.
6. Addressee: Watchman engaged in guarding federal, state, district, or territory property.
Affidavit or Certificate Requirements: Mailable with affidavit signed by addressee and certificate signed by chief clerk of department, bureau, or independent branch of the government agency employing the addressee.
7. Addressee: Purchasing agent or other designated member of an enforcement agency employing officers and personnel included in c, d, or e above.
Affidavit or Certificate Requirements: Mailable with affidavit signed by addressee and certificate signed by the head of agency stating the firearm is to be used by an officer or employee cited in c, d, or e above.
8. Addressee: Licensed manufacturers and dealers of firearms.
Affidavit or Certificate Requirements: Signed statement on PS Form 1508, Statement by Shipper of Firearms.

The mailer must be a licensed manufacturer or dealer mailing to another licensed manufacturer or dealer.

Handguns may be mailed without regard to the requirements noted in items a–h if the addressee is the FBI (or its Director) or a scientific lab or crime detection bureau of any agency whose members are federal law enforcement officers, or state, district, or territory officers authorized to serve warrants of arrest or commitment.

Manufacturers or dealers must complete PS Form 1508, Statement by Shipper of Firearms, and file with the postmaster.

Postmasters may forward an unsatisfactory mailer statement to their PCSC for a ruling.

Unloaded Rifle or Shotgun

Short-barreled rifles or shotguns that can be concealed on the person are nonmailable.

The mailer must comply with the Gun Control Act of 1968 and with state and local laws.

The Postal Service may require the mailer to open the parcel or give written certification that the weapon is unloaded and not concealable.

Registered Mail service is recommended.

Unloaded Antique Firearm

Unloaded antique firearms sent as curios or museum pieces are acceptable for mailing.

Ship the frame and slide in seperate boxes. Doesn't negate the required FFL paperwork but you can use USPS and you don't have to fill out a bunch of silly forms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top