JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Support OFF and this Bill.

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

A hearing on a bill dealing with lead ammunition is scheduled for Feb. 19 at 8 am.

This bill will be heard in Hearing Room D in the Capitol. The bill "Vests sole authority to regulate hunting ammunition and fishing gear with Legislative Assembly with specified exceptions. Prohibits public bodies from regulating hunting ammunition, fishing gear and angling equipment unless authorized by statute."

This is a very important bill for hunters, fishermen and gun owners. As you may know, our now former governor made banning lead ammo a priority. He made it clear he would try to implement a ban even if he could not do it through the legislature.

With Kitzhaber on his way out it's impossible to know how hard his successor will try to ban lead ammo, but this bill will prevent that from happening by executive fiat.

Please contact the members of the Agriculture and Natural Resource Committee and express your support for this important bill.

Last Edited:
With JK gone now, and the ''new age'' type gov we're going to have for a while, its obvious how this one will vote. Betting she (?) will sign any and everything she can sign legally that comes across it's desk.

And, I'll add this, if you were born in the late 40's to mid 50's I'm betting you will not like what your going to see happen on the federal government level as well as the state government level, as far as FAR LEFT changes in the very near future. Those of us born ''back then'' lived in without a doubt the VERY BEST OF TIMES. Think about it, I'm sure you'll agree. So don't sit on your thumb, talk it up, make people aware of the changes going on, and expected to go on. Start with your own family, I'll bet most of the mid 20ish, 30ish age group of young adults don't have an idea of whats slowly but surly going on in the government. Time to wake up, or loose it all.

Last Edited:
legislators will not be able to ban lead ammo as it is, why offer a change in the laws that could potentially open new avenues for more regulations on ammo? having two bodies over looking the process of how ammo is handled will provide a second front to fight against gun rights while forcing us to stand back to back. it doesnt seem logical to me. on top of that it also gives them a reason to ask for more funding to pay for a committee for overlooking the changes as well as carrying the process out. what could they do if the law isnt changed? how could you support giving this to people we do not elect when they are hired by the people we elect? they would simply put someone in that position so they can pretend they had nothing to do with increased regulations. complicating the legal processes is what has brought us to having to work so hard to protect our rights, i dont see how increasing the complications will do any good.

YOU CAN STOP IT

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

A hearing on a bill dealing with lead ammunition is scheduled for Feb. 19 at 8 am.

This bill will be heard in Hearing Room D in the Capitol. The bill "Vests sole authority to regulate hunting ammunition and fishing gear with Legislative Assembly with specified exceptions. Prohibits public bodies from regulating hunting ammunition, fishing gear and angling equipment unless authorized by statute."

This is a very important bill for hunters, fishermen and gun owners. As you may know, our now former governor made banning lead ammo a priority. He made it clear he would try to implement a ban even if he could not do it through the legislature.

With Kitzhaber on his way out it's impossible to know how hard his successor will try to ban lead ammo, but this bill will prevent that from happening by executive fiat.

Please contact the members of the Agriculture and Natural Resource Committee and express your support for this important bill.

The title of your post here could not be more inaccurate or misleading.

This bill is designed to PREVENT ODFW from being able to ban lead ammo under its regulatory authority. Staff at ODFW have been giving signals for many months that this is a direction that they want to go in.

This is certainly not a push to ban lead ammo. In fact, it is just the opposite.

OFF seems to support this bill.
LEAD AMMO HEARING SCHEDULED!

Considering the supermajority currently enjoyed in the Oregon Legislature and their general views on guns, ammo and other things of this nature it only seems natural to be highly suspicious of such a bill at this time.

Would you rather have elected representatives ultimately responsible for regulating hunting ammo or some appointed bureaucrat?

If Oregon didn't yet have a "supremacy clause" and a bill was proposed this session that would give us what we actually have right now would you support it?

Considering the current makeup of the Legislature I would be highly suspicious of any such bill.

This bill is designed to PREVENT ODFW from being able to ban lead ammo under its regulatory authority. Staff at ODFW have been giving signals for many months that this is a direction that they want to go in.

This is certainly not a push to ban lead ammo. In fact, it is just the opposite.

If you would have read the post it was pretty clear, You can stop it by acting as it stated there. The Legislature plans on trying to enact lead bans. This stops it, hopefully.

The push is already out there in the wings to ban lead, this is a means of stopping it. How much clearer is that.

And it is the fringe element within the ODFW. The greenies that have got into positions there. Also the Leftist legislators are also thinking of banning lead as a means to infringe on the 2nd as well. So who is going to win this. We are all the ones that will lose.
I see where you might have misread that subject line, but the intent was spelled out within the post very clearly.
OFF is doing it right. But it also needs to be defended deeper also.

I Did ask the Mods to reword the Subject line and clarify this a little.

Last Edited:
They are going to try and ban anything and everything they can. Just like going for the features on a gun because they can't ban ghe gun. Incrementalization is the game they play!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top