JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Howdy folks,

I'm "downsizing" my gun collection a little bit, and in the process willing to offer some great deals on a couple rifles.

This is an "almost new" Ruger AR-556. I bought it at Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor about a year ago, cleaned it (with Hornady One Shot, which is an outstanding CLP), shot exactly 120 rounds out of it (no issues), cleaned it again with Hornady One Shot, and put it away in my humidity-controlled safe. It has been there since. This rifle looks new because, well, it almost is. I have the original box, accessories (including a new 30rd. P-Mag), manuals, stickers, etc.

Whenever I list anything for sale here, I always make sure it's a bonafide good deal for the buyer, at a price I'm OK with. The way I see it, you're either serious about selling something, or you're not. And people are generally scouring these classified boards for good deals...not someone's well-used, plain-Jane Glock that they think is worth $550. (You all know what I'm talking about! Some people think their own stuff is worth its weight in gold. o_O)

So, for a face-to-face transfer in the Beaverton area*, I'm willing to let this almost-new Ruger AR556 go for the GREAT price of $300 (firm!), plus you pay the transfer fee (about $25 total at a Cut Above Pawn). Honest to God, there's nothing wrong with the rifle at all. It's a nice little shooter and looks brand new. I'm willing to sell it at that low of a price because a few places have had blowout pricing on these Ruger AR556's. I've seen them as low as $399 brand new, and it's usually pretty easy to find them for $450. Knowing that, I realize I'm probably not going to get much more than $300 for what is technically a used AR556. Especially in the AR market right now. Frankly, it is very much a buyer's market.

This is a legit good deal for someone who wants a nice, good quality, entry-level AR. Of course, you're welcome to inspect the rifle when we meet at the FFL, to ensure that it is indeed in like-new condition as I say.

First "I'll take it" (again, FTF at a FFL in the Beaverton area only) gets it. If you're that person, then after you claim the rifle here, send me a PM and we'll arrange a date/time. Thanks for looking!

* Sorry, but I just don't want to deal with shipping this. Besides, shipping with insurance will cost almost $50 anyway. It'd be less of a good deal if you had to pay that much for shipping, too. If this doesn't sell locally at my asking price (which would surprise me), then and only then I may consider shipping.

Ruger AR556.jpg

I'll take it if that falls through. I can be available to meet anytime tomorrow.
--Mike

Last Edited:
Alright guys, the line is being closed off. I have plenty of takers. :) Derrick had the quickest fingers.

I will be posting another good rifle deal tomorrow morning, although it will be on a significantly more expensive rifle (a brand new and unfired Ruger SR556c...the "kinda/sorta rare" 14.5 inch compact variant of the SR556 line. Also the nicest of the SR556's, IMO. Ruger only made 10,000 of the "c" variant, and now they're pretty much impossible to find NIB.) If that interest anyone, check back in tomorrow.

Cheers!

Smoking deal. Someone's getting lucky.

I agree with your comment about people wanting to much for their guns. I don't even look for great deals like this one, just a decent deal. if by the time I pay fees I'm within $20 of new price why would I buy yours? I dont understand why anyone would. Just shell out the extra $20 and buy new.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.