Please show this state senator some love!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ironbar, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar
    Tigard, OR

A Single Democratic State Senator May Stop Gun Control in Oregon.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...stall-Oregon-gun-control-bills?nclick_check=1

Please contact this senator even if you're not in her district and let her know how we feel! Here's her state e-mail address: sen.betsyjohnson@state.or.us

Here's what I wrote to her today:

To The Honorable Senator Johnson,

I was pleased to read today about your resistance to the gun bills coming up for vote in the senate. I agree with you 100% that these are nothing more than feel-good measures that do absolutely nothing to prevent gun crimes. The only thing they do is affect those of us who are already obeying the law!

Although I am not one of your constituents, these bills would affect everyone in the state if passed, and I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your sane response to bad legislation! Please keep up the good work!

2. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

Thanks for the heads up. I will go write to her know and let her know how much we appreciate her efforts.

3. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

okay, done. wrote her thanking her for her support of our rights. hope everyone else here will write her.

4. nehalemguy

nehalemguy
    Vernonia
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

Just to get the word out to everyone, Senator Johnson was in involved in a car accident a few days ago. As of last Saturday she was still in the hospital with a broken pelvis, in a fair amount of pain, and will be on the mend for some time.

I don't see any issues with sending email or letters to her since I'm sure her staff is handling that task for now. I would suggest that in addition to asking her to support our position, some "get well soon" gestures might also be appreciated.

E

5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

I didn't know she had been in a mva. Will send her another email with best wishes.

6. Trick

Trick
    St Helens

Sent a support/get well note. Thanks for the reminder.