JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
download.jpeg-67.jpg

Understood. Although I own several plow handle grips (mainly on Colt and Remington repro percussions) I just am not fond of them. But especially am not fond of the mule ear like hammers on most single action revolvers. I've got average size hands and must shift my grip to cocktail them.
Not so with the Bisley or low spur hammers.
A bonus is that the low spur or Bisley hammers never seem to come with a plow grip 🙂
I've always preferred the feel of the Bisley hammers (the fact that they're beautifully shaped don't hurt neither) and often thought about trying to fit one to one of my run-of-the-mill Blackhawks... it seems like a worthwhile modification if l can buy one somewhere... not sure about that.

A Bisley grip frame would help too, but so does staying out of the Magnums and keeping to weaker, Special loads. For me, these guns are for fun, l don't use em for hunting anymore. When l did, asthetics were a non-issue and the (hideous) Pachmyer grips suited me well.

I'ma gon have a cocktail (NOT autocorrected) and go look for a Bisley hammer.

My first pistol is the Blackhawk in 44mag, 1976 Centenial edition, still have it and still wrestle with the bad habits it taught me. Lol, wish i bought a 45 instead. Anyhow just an FYI, the RedHawk is a stronger framed pistol than the Blackhawk, easier to load too, but that might not matter if a Single action is what your after.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top