JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
I've tried posting a few threads that their titles were not long enough to allow posting.

I get it, some don't post enough, but at the same time there are legitimate posts that don't need 15 characters to explain their topic.

I've tried posting a few threads that their titles were not long enough to allow posting.

I get it, some don't post enough, but at the same time there are legitimate posts that don't need 15 characters to explain their topic.
Try the space bar after description

I agree "new CZ sights" is an example. 13 characters if "space" counts. 11 if not.

This is probably a good example of a vague title. What type of sights? What is the application? :)

A better title would be "New night sights for CZ SP-01 Tactical" or something along those lines.

This is probably a good example of a vague title. What type of sights? What is the application? :)

A better title would be "New night sights for CZ SP-01 Tactical" or something along those lines.

Yes. I'm all for accurate and descriptive titles that make sense. :)

I guess a more thorough explanation of why it's needed might eliminate my minor annoyance.

For instance.

Taurus 942

What more should I add and how is it going to assist the forum?

I would see that and think, a thread about the Taurus 942.

I guess a more thorough explanation of why it's needed might eliminate my minor annoyance.

I agree, I'll be adding an explanation to the help entry soon :)

For instance.

Taurus 942

What more should I add and how is it going to assist the forum?

I would see that and think, a thread about the Taurus 942.

A title like this doesn't tell me anything about the context of the thread. Is it a for sale ad? Are you considering a purchase and looking for feedback? Are you having a problem with your Taurus 942? Do you want to see Taurus 942 photos?

When it comes to search, the weight of the title is 1.5 times that of the contents of the body. The more specific the title, the more people will see it, the better the experience for the person posting the thread and the person looking for it.

It might make more sense to think about it in reverse: If someone were looking for a thread exactly like the one you're about to post, what would they search for specifically (examples: "Taurus 942 for sale like new", "Is the Taurus 942 a good gun?", "Taurus 942 cylinder problem", "Taurus 942 photos", etc.)?

Point taken. Makes sense. I would think that the area it is posted in might eliminate some of that. But I get it from the search perspective.

Point taken. Makes sense. I would think that the area it is posted in might eliminate some of that. But I get it from the search perspective.

Good to hear :)

I know it can be annoying, but it's necessary if we're to improve our search here and make relevant threads easier to find.

I must be learning from click bait articles. Something just vague enough to get a read, but my posts don't get ad revenue

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top