JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good range bag, but its often hard to tell from a couple of online photos which will be best. I'm looking for something that will hold 2-3 pistols, some ammo, eyes/ears, targets, and a few other odds and ends as needed. Care to recommend your favorite? Thanks.

I've been using the same Bagmaster Range Bag for the last 12+ years.

<broken link removed>

This is the closest to the one I'm using:

<broken link removed>

They've gone up in price since I bought mine years ago but when you figure I've gotten over 12 years of use out of it, it's been well worth the money. Mine has been loaded to a point where others have had trouble lifting it and it has held together without ripping at the seams.

Before getting a Bagmaster, I had used a couple of other bags and the others failed under the routine weight of a few hundred rounds of ammo, several handguns, mags, and miscellaneous gear.

I usually shoot silhouette targets (which don't fit in the bag) and carry those separately.

Any bag will do for casual use. I use one of the cheap nylon bags
the guy sells at gun shows for my chrono etc. Would work fine for
a range bag.

I've been shooting USPSA (IPSC) for about 9 years now. I see a few
i-shot bags at matches, one or two Green River, a Dillon once in a while.

What I see the most of BY FAR are Shooters Connection Tournement
Series Pro bags.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/

I've got a green one that I bought in 2002. Have just beat the $#@%
out of it since then. Nothing ripped, all the zippers still work. It's been
tossed, sat on, soaked, and loaded down with enough ammo and gear to shoot a 3 gun match, and it hasn't broke yet.

WARNING!!! This is a BIG bag. Nature abhors a vacuum--so what you
pack around will eventually expand to fill the bag. Have a little self
dicipline or it will get HEAVY!:s0114:

Thanks for all the links. Looks like that Midway bag has great reviews, and the price looks hard to beat. Think I'll give that one a try.:s0155:

jhc5:

You won't be disappointed with the Midway bag.

The stage pull out has 2 zipped pockets and the main bag has 2 additional zippered pocketed gun rugs, so you can carry 4 hand guns.

The brass bag has a mesh bottom so any range mushrooms (brass) you find can drain out.

It even has a spot for a water bottle on the outside.

Tilos

jhc5:

You won't be disappointed with the Midway bag.

The stage pull out has 2 zipped pockets and the main bag has 2 additional zippered pocketed gun rugs, so you can carry 4 hand guns.

The brass bag has a mesh bottom so any range mushrooms (brass) you find can drain out.

It even has a spot for a water bottle on the outside.

Tilos

The Midway bag has worked great for me as well. Truthfully though when it's "loaded" it gets quite heavy so I went ahead and picked up one of the "smaller" versions as well for those times when I am pistol-shooting only.

I save the bigger one for those times when I am taking an assorted set of rifles, range finders, spotting scopes, etc. out to play. :D

And, when on sale, the Midway bag prices are quite attractive. :s0155:

Pelosi_Official_Photograph.jpg

I ordered mine as well. Who knows when it is going to show up as Midways web site is Fd up! Had to call customer service to make sure my order was placed:confused: Pretty sad if you ask me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top