Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Please post your favorite TARGETS!

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Muddslinger12, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Muddslinger12

Muddslinger12 Vancouver Active Member

I was trying to find some good targets on Goolge images but most (the good ones) wont let you download w/o buying it.

Was hoping you could post your favorite targets. I am looking for good self defense practice with pistol but would be nice to get a big thread going here where anyone can download the one they need for there specific training needs.

So what you got?

2. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

3. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

4. EJ20Legacy

EJ20Legacy Spokane Area Member

5. Muddslinger12

Thats awesome thanks!! Especially like the Targetz one they have a great variety. Thanks everyone that posted!

6. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

7. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

When I order it will be from here.

8. EJ20Legacy

EJ20Legacy Spokane Area Member

I've been shooting at one of their 3-target stands all summer and it's doing great. The steel targets have NO dents in them even after being hit hundreds of times by FMJ 9mm and .45 from distances ranging from maybe 15 to about 30 yards. Also hit it with bi-metal-jacket FMJ .223 (Brown Bear) from about 25-30 yards and it makes only the teeniest little indentations in the metal surface that you can just barely, barely feel. This is too close for a rifle round like that but we did it anyway and the targets hold up 100% fine.

Bullets squish to completely flat and drop right onto the base, or completely disintegrate into dust. After hundreds of impacts, there has not been a single bullet that didn't do one of these two things. The hardness of the steel and the fact that the plates swing to absorb the impact means bullets drop in place. That CLANG sound is a lot of fun :). Ringing steel is good times.

This was after the first use... just a handful of 9mm hits:

20120913_141603.jpg

My only complaint, and the only thing I would change (and did, actually, with a torch and a hammer), is that the S curve on the hangers needs to be tighter. Sometimes the plates will swing right off the hook or the hook will swing off of the frame, and then the plate dangles or falls off. The hooks needed to loop around more to make it harder for the plate to slide off the end and drop.

9. akmewon

akmewon clackamas Active Member

10. branchbuster

branchbuster Albany Active Member

Ritz crackers make good targets for 22s, clays for further out and bigger guns.

11. Muddslinger12

I am a fat guy shooting Ritz is a sin lol

12. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Would this make a good target? If so I offer it free of charge.
    bm.jpg

bm.jpg