JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I have a bushmaster with what I believe is an A2 front sight block on it. It is the raised up block on front. 20" barrel bushmaster. I have the leupold vx-2 3-9x40mm scope I bought. It is my first quality scope compared to cheap $100 stuff. I want to mount it to my ar but don't really understand my options.

Ideally I want something quality and with a quick disconnect. However I also want to know my cheap but won't fall apart options. I just want to go to the range and shoot 300 yards for fun. Doesn't have to be some battle tested mount, but I want it to work, and if there is a relatively cheap option I would like a quality mount.

Am I correct to think that I want something that pushes the scope forward for a mount? cantilever I belive it is called, or forward mount?

Is my scope in fact a 1" mounting size scope?

How crappy are those cheap $20-30 mounts on amazon? Will they work? or will they just fall apart after a few magazines? I don't really want to spend more than I have to.

Would something cheap get me going?

Please help me under stand my options, anything under $100 really... but would prefer $50 or less. However I think the burris ar-pepr mount is like $85 for a quick disconnect... would that work? Is that overkill?

Thanks for any help.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads