JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please educate me on suppressor. Few months ago I got a great deal on a Norinco Uzi 9mm from a buddy of mine. Took it out and shot it over 700 rounds without any issue (I was surprise to see how much ammos it ate). Anyway it wad a fun gun to shoot, I like it so much that I decide to have it SBR. Now i am waiting for my form to approve I am in the itching for a suppressor. I want to know are there anything out there that are universal suppressor? I want a suppressor that I can use on my UZI, glock 21sf, 1911, glock 22 (40 and 9mm). Are there any suppressor like that? Thank you.

I just send my form 1 for SBR, should I wait for form 1 come back before I go out picking up a suppressor? Or should I send a form 4 suppressor in that way I can have both of them the same time?

My suggestion would be to try out a few different manufacturers before you buy. The reason being is that if you find out it isn't what you thought it would and decide to replace it you will take a loss. Good luck and the Uzi would be a hoot to shoot suppressed.

Yup you are right Murphy! But where can I rent one or borrrow one that I can play around with? That is the reason why I am asking for opions from members here that already own one. I dont mind I loose around 200 bucks of value, I am just worry about time of waiting.

My suggestion would be to try out a few different manufacturers before you buy. The reason being is that if you find out it isn't what you thought it would and decide to replace it you will take a loss. Good luck and the Uzi would be a hoot to shoot suppressed.

That's a good question, not many people just let you use their suppressor.

Really? How many have you asked? How many NO's have you gotten? How many YES's have you gotten?

Everyone I know that owns NFA stuff including myself is very friendly and very willing to play. One of my favorite things is seeing people who have never shot suppressed guns shot them for the first time.

If you know people with them the majority will let you play. Never hurts to bring something to the table like ammo or other cool/unique gun to share. Most the time the simple offer to pay for the ammo you use will get you a very gratified "I really appreciate it but that is not needed".

Really? How many have you asked? How many NO's have you gotten? How many YES's have you gotten?

Everyone I know that owns NFA stuff including myself is very friendly and very willing to play. One of my favorite things is seeing people who have never shot suppressed guns shot them for the first time.

If you know people with them the majority will let you play. Never hurts to bring something to the table like ammo or other cool/unique gun to share. Most the time the simple offer to pay for the ammo you use will get you a very gratified "I really appreciate it but that is not needed".

That's the thing, you rarely bump into guys with NFA stuff. I didn't mean they'd say no, I just meant you'd have to know someone who knows someone to make that work, and meet up with them. Especially for us WA guys, it's impossible, lol. Even when the bill passes, I doubt i'll bump into anyone with one at the range for along time to test before I buy.

That's the thing, you rarely bump into guys with NFA stuff. I didn't mean they'd say no, I just meant you'd have to know someone who knows someone to make that work, and meet up with them. Especially for us WA guys, it's impossible, lol. Even when the bill passes, I doubt i'll bump into anyone with one at the range for along time to test before I buy.

Well you are welcome to come to my range (east side) anytime (including now) and try mine or when we do shoots in Yakima.

You are right there is not much bumping into them but we have got together as a group many times.......

Most guys with NFA stuff ( it not all ) will let you shoot their stuff as long as you bring ammo..

That is half the fun of having it..

I have a few cans up here in hillsburro if anyone wants to go shooting

FDEOsprey001.jpg
Ospreytest001.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvLnEEHzRnRT7lhgK-4gy_sULRJNiL0mAhmX0j-S70PZIWlf1d.jpg
SilencercoMain.jpg

Well you are welcome to come to my range (east side) anytime (including now) and try mine or when we do shoots in Yakima.

You are right there is not much bumping into them but we have got together as a group many times.......

Thanks for the offer. I'd love to see how one sounds irl, I haven't had that opportunity yet. Ideally i'd also love to get one single can for my ak and ar, but I doubt that's gonna happen with the different barrel threading.

Thanks for the offer. I'd love to see how one sounds irl, I haven't had that opportunity yet. Ideally i'd also love to get one single can for my ak and ar, but I doubt that's gonna happen with the different barrel threading.

never put a can on an AK unless you get the threads checked for being concentric to the bore..

but if they are good you can just get an adapter and run a .308 suppressor on both rifles.

never put a can on an AK unless you get the threads checked for being concentric to the bore..

but if they are good you can just get an adapter and run a .308 suppressor on both rifles.

+1 Romanians are notorious for eccentric bores. Also, a recoil buffer may be advisable; increased back pressure will be a bit harder on your rifle.

I was at Jefferson Suppressors the other day and he let me test fire the .22 models on a bolt gun and a semi and you can get adapters for diff threads as long as the caliber is close for use on multiple guns call Du-wayne 541-327-3474 They are not fancy but very affordable

Brutis

wow, lots of cool weapons in here...

i just had ear drum reconstruction surgery so i too am looking in to supressor and what they offer for me. man the prices are all over the place. i have seen 300-1600 for the same cal. lots of options out there.

Please keep me in mind whe you got it. I would like to try it out also.

In my life time I only encounter 3 times that involve NFA items. When I was 21 I was at TPTS in North Portland, shooting my STARs 45 and 9mm (I got from Coctailer on PDXforsale). Suddenly I heard FA going couple lanes down, I put my gun down and walk over to see. There is this guy shooting MP5 FA, he is teaching this one beautiful blond hair girl to shoot, I think. I was drooling all over the MP5(she was hot too but the MP5 FA hotttter), he offered to let me shoot his MP5 if I buy the ammo myself. At that time I didn't have any money on me, I turned it down. He then offered me with 30 rounds mags of his ammo. Such a nice guy and I still appreciate him till today, at that age I didn't even know that FA was so expensive any thing about FA. Now I know, I wish I meet this guy again so I can buy him couple beers.

Second time I went to Sportman Park in White City, OR to fish. I heard shots noise. I follow the shots noise direction and found out it was an outdoor shooting range people were shooting shotguns. I saw this guy shooting a .22 bolt action with suppressor and it so quiet. I talked to him about his riffle and he let me shoot his riffle. It's a bolt riffle and he did some trigger job on it. I was trying to hit the bark wood but some how the trigger so light that I accident pop it, without noticing it already fired :) Wow I am still impress with that rifle. I haven't come back to that range to see that guy but I wish him well and thank you for leting me shoot his rifle.

The 3rd incedent is couple months ago I was that Joshephine County Shooting range, John Noveske came to the range with 2 other guys. He did all the firing with a suppressor and FA short barrel ar15, one guy try to capture the noise level. I asked him it's ok for me to watch and he said it's "ok" I just stood there and watch him shot they were busy so I didn't get into their conversation.

I dont know anyone that own a suppressor or any one that own FA. The people that I know I am the first one that have the Form 1 send it it. I am still waiting for it to approve. :)
I am in Medford. I have a AAC Tirant 45 coming to me as a demo. When I get it, you would be more than welcome to try it out.

Ryan

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads