Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Please help me find mylar bags

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by blk04specv, Oct 9, 2012.

1. blk04specv

blk04specv Hillsboro Member

I am looking for mylar bags and oxygen absorbers for 5 gallon buckets. Does anyone know where I can buy these locally? Preferably in Hillsboro or Beaverton. Thank you. :thumbup:

2. HBIII

HBIII Wilsonville Active Member

I got This as it makes more sense to have multiple smaller bags that you would open as you need.

3. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but they have cool stuff none the less.

Poly Gun Bags

4. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

5. tfbit

tfbit Eugene, OR Active Member

Both my local Winco stores have 300cc oxygen absorbers for the best price I have seen. I think they were about $5 for a 50 count bag. Cheapest price on ebay for the same is $12.85 shipped.

6. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Uline, the most awesome place in the universe carries them in any quantity and size you might want:

Uline: Search Results

However, for O2 absorbing just use a chemical hand warmer (same thing pretty much).

Honestly, for my use, whenever I'm bagging stuff, I don't do a whole bucketful, I will bag a few items that I'm going to eat together, with an O2 absorber (or purged with CO2 or nitrogen) and then pack those in the bucket, that way when you open the bucket to pull out a meal, you are not opening the whole darn thing.

7. blk04specv

Thank you all for the answers you have given me. HBIII and AMProducts, I have never thought about using multiple smaller quantity bags. Thank you for the suggestion, I am going to have to rethink my plans a little.

8. knuckle Head

You can buy larger ones and cut them down and heat seal the cut edges with a mylar sealer,

I bought a craft paper cutter from walmart, and cut down my one gallon bags, so I could package individual meals or smaller items. It time consuming and a lot of work but worth.

I also bought a digit scale from freight and package a lot of pasta, sugar and salt by ounces, it is a trial and error meth to get the pouches to the right size without too much waste, but when it is all said and done, the work and time in my opinion was worth it.

9. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

10. slightly disturbed

slightly disturbed Oregon City Active Member

a guy on Craigslist sell them. But locally Winco is the cheapest I have found for 02 absorbers

11. blk04specv

Thanks everyone for the help. I guess I will just suck it up and order online.

12. foomanchu

foomanchu Milwaukie, OR Member

I believe the LDS home storage centers sell both the bags and oxygen absorbers

13. knuckle Head

I posted a link above to LDS mylar bags, I have bought several boxes of them from them excellent service and fair price.

14. MikeIsh

MikeIsh Portland Member

15. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Beaverton, OR Chief Cook/Bottle Washer

You can also check at Healthy Harvest -- they are having their going out of business sale. Healthy Harvest - 40% Discount Sell

I bought about 30 mylar bags and they had a lot of bags and buckets left. Check it out.

Sodbuster

16. getreadyportland

getreadyportland Portland, Oregon, United States Member

We also carry them at our store in the 6 gallon size.. cut as you like :)